no power for three days!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

owenodin

AC Members
May 17, 2011
Northeast
Powerless in the northeast for 3 days. Heated water in stove and periodically added in order to do my best to keep up the water temperatures. 50% water changes 3 times per day. Moved battery powered air stone between the tanks every few hours (battery powered air pump is a great buy for anyone with tanks - get one!) Resisted feeding even with my little clown loaches begging at the glass.

Bottom line -- lot of work.

Got power back and so far, no casualties! Keeping my fingers crossed!

owenodin

plantedtank12

Sign the Petition!!
May 6, 2011
York SC
Real Name
Nathan
Nice job. I agree with not feeding them, bad water conditions are the worst thing that could happen during a power outage.

owenodin

AC Members
May 17, 2011
Northeast
It was a rough storm! I have been very fortunate not to have any casualties! Everyone seems fine at this point...

finsNfur

AC Members
May 29, 2008
Connecticut
I'm glad you made it through, I did the same thing you did for one day. It was hard work, I feel your pain! Thankfully a friend loaned us a generator to use for the next 3 days 'til we got our power back. It's really windy today, I'm sweating that we could lose power all over again.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store