10g Journal :)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Sparkxx

AC Members
Jan 30, 2010
Scotland *shivers*
Hey all :) I have had way too much time on my hands recently and to be quite honest have been pretty bored haha. So I did a full clean of my tanks (everything got cleaned, massive water change etc) and realised how boring my 10g was! So, I felt that since this is gonna me my first time a) planting a tank b) keeping inverts and probably a few more I can;t about right now :p anyway to start things off, some specs:

10 gallon tank: stating the obvious
Filter: I'll find the box >.<
It has a heater

Stock:
1 guppy
3 agazzi corydoras

Planted, if one plant counts. It will be planted in the future though, definetly
Bogwood, no tannins (it used to be in 26g)
Sand substrate.

Excuse the bad photography, it actually looks better in person I swear :laugh:

Pics:

So, thought?

Juice

KillaOJ
Jan 4, 2009
NorCal
Looks good so far, I would put a larger plant behind that wood in the left corner and get some smaller plants to fill in the right back portion of the tank as well.

Sparkxx

AC Members
Jan 30, 2010
Scotland *shivers*
Looks good so far, I would put a larger plant behind that wood in the left corner and get some smaller plants to fill in the right back portion of the tank as well.
yeah, I forgot to put plans for the tank *facepalm*

I was planning to get plants but placing I was stumped on, thanks for helping! :D

other plans:

Adding black background (doing this ASAP)
adding plants (shown above)
Attempt to hide the filiter, it bothers me how its there -__-"

Thats my small list haha, but I'll add to it, but do these first, I am in no hurry to get stocking it :)

nerdyrcdriver

AC Members
Sep 1, 2011
USA
Real Name
Nick
Looks good. Is that one of those toms mini internal filters? Do you have the guppy and corries in the tank now or is that stocking for when it is ready?

Sparkxx

AC Members
Jan 30, 2010
Scotland *shivers*
Not sure to be quite honest, I'll check for you :)

and yes they are in the tank, been there for ages now, the guppy is pretty old though (went from dads tank to mine, he's had it for a years, I've had it for 4 months maybe) so I woouldn't expect the lil guy to last till the final stages of the tank :( I really like him but thats how it is I guess

As for stocking, the only thing I am positive on is shrimp, RCS and ghost I think.

user_name

Senior_Member
May 23, 2010
Mass
Real Name
Cam
Some groundcovers for that front right corner would be sweet, what are the dimensions of the tank?

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
:iagree::)

also, clean the glass for better pics;)

once the amazon sword starts growing, move it to the right corner to cover the filter.........and maybe adjust the position/angle of rocks or add more.......preferably adjust cuz u already have little space in a 10G as it is............and slope the sand unless u like it.........

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
maybe DIY co2?

Sparkxx

AC Members
Jan 30, 2010
Scotland *shivers*
thanks for replies
Been ill over the last few days :( so haven't cleaned it haha, algae grows fast in it, which does suck, but I normally keep on top of it.

Yes the inhabitants are in, however the cories hide under the BG and the guppy is there.

What are groundcovers, stupid question I know....

and the plan is too add more plants :) DIY CO2 I doubt I could do :/

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store