new fish!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

livebearerfreak

you are hypnotized! LOL
May 31, 2005
fairchild wi 54741
Real Name
douglas harvey
*beware if you flame, leave this thread*

ok got some new fish for my other 20long :)

4 angel fish ( growing out tell i get a pair for a 20 tall )
5 neon tetra ( one died )
5 black tetra
2 australian rainbow fish
4 swordtails

new filter

new test kit comming

20 gallon rubbermaid for my cons.

and also getting 150.00 worth of african cichlids from a friend from another site for my 75.. going to start raising and breeding africans. ( malawis and tangs )

*again if your going to flame, please leave my thread thank you*

nerdyrcdriver

AC Members
Sep 1, 2011
USA
Real Name
Nick
I dont know much about stocking, and what I have seen before from you, proves you know a lot more than I do. So it sounds like a plan to me :)

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
^ i'd correct u;)

angelfish eat SLOW tetras OR tiny tetras.......but those above are safe.......most schoolers are......i'd only be worried about green neons and other small schoolers

and if they grow up with them they will be used to them(true in most cases) and juvies r too small to eat anything over 1/2".........my breeding pair can't even eat these un id'd 1/2" fish i have, i have seen them try, but the schoolers are way too fast;)

the rest of the stocking looks good.......mayybe up the schools by a lot?

excuzzzeme

Stroke Survivor '05
Actually, I guess that it would come as no surprise for you to learn that neon tetras are actually the preferred food for them in the wild. Since most of the angelfish are tank bred it doesn't exactly remove what comes natural to them. That being said, with angelfish being cichlids with as many facets to their personalities, a responsible person would never recommend a mix of the two without a caveat.

livebearerfreak

you are hypnotized! LOL
May 31, 2005
fairchild wi 54741
Real Name
douglas harvey
i plan on actually getting another 5 neons and black neons tomm. to make 10 black neons and 9 neons, and finish up with getting maybe 5 or 6 corys

livebearerfreak

you are hypnotized! LOL
May 31, 2005
fairchild wi 54741
Real Name
douglas harvey
finish outlook should be:

9 neon tetras
10 black neon tetreas
5 or 6 corys
4 swordtails
2 austrlian rainbow fish ( er 4 more if i can find them again )
1 pair of angels

finsih tank should be a 29. 20L is a growout considering the angels are under half dollar size.

excuzzzeme

Stroke Survivor '05
The angels need a deeper tank more than a long. The 29 would be better for them. You could add 4 more and then wait for them to pair off. Keep the pair and get rid of the rest. Once they have paired up, they will become much more aggressive. The minimum for a pair of angels is a 20H. They need vertical room for their fins rather than length. Once they have paired, no community fish will stand much chance around them.

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
LBF, placing angles with neons or any type is risky. Placing a pair with a community tank less then 55gal is even riskier (in a 55 the other fish can get away). They are cichlids, and are therefor aggressive when paired. If this is a display tank, only keep one or keep same-gender fish. If breeding them, keep them alone or with larger schooling fish (like barbs perhaps).

stephcps

AC Members
Jun 2, 2009
Yeah LBF....I don't think the stocking is bad for a 55, but a 29 is way overstocked with that IMO. When my angel pair spawned in my community 125....the only way I knew was that ALL other inhabitants of the tank were confined to the other side of the tank. And we r talking other cichlids!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store