Cories

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
As you may or may not know, I have 9 cories in my tank. I don't plan to add more, but I do have some concerns. The store I got them from only stated "assorted cories" as the name. So I know I have some bronze cories, but the rest are a mystery. I have a few questions:

There are some cories with a darker strip/block along the side, what species are these?
Can cories of different species interbreed?
Will the cories be fine despite that fact that they are of different species? They all look relatively similar, and are about the same size.

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
I can't get pics, my camera is dead and I'm not even at home. Thanks for the link, I'll see if I can ID my cories now.

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
Aeneus and Rebauti Corys both look like what I've got, but the Aeneus are more similar to the darker sided ones.

jackiomy

Lover of Oddballs
Jul 6, 2008
San Diego, CA
Real Name
Jacki Wilson
I also have a number of different groups of cories. Their behavior is different depending on the species. My peppered cories hide alot, my sterbais are very social and always at the front of the tank, my bronzes are continuosly swimming all over the tank, and my albinos are up and down and up and down! I also have a hybrid. I don't know how it happened but it is not one or the other. LOL And my Brochis, which I guess isn't really a cory are very shy. They will all be fine together. Not to worry.

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
Oh good. Anyone know if Bronze and Aeneus Corys can interbreed?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store