Community tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Knapper

AC Members
Sep 18, 2011
AZ
Hello everyone, with the recent death of my black ghost knife I decided to hold off on another one and set up a community or a brackish fish tank. I have a 60g that im planning on setting up and more than likely it will turn out to be a community. Any one have any ideas on what fish you have had expererience with and foud some you really liked let me know thanks.

vanillarum

AC Members
Jan 4, 2008
Mass.
In my community tank I have: 1/2beaks, sids, glass cats, SAPs, 1 figure 8 puffer, sewellia lineolata, badis badis, corys, L104 plecos, L340 plecos, red ancistrus pleco, debawie cats, farlos, 1 juvie L240 (about 4") pleco, neons, and pygmy corys. And they all live quite happily ! Good luck.

plantedtank12

Sign the Petition!!
May 6, 2011
York SC
Real Name
Nathan
Definitely do some kind of large rainbowfish. They look great in big schools and are great community tank mates.

vanillarum

AC Members
Jan 4, 2008
Mass.
Thank you very much.

Knapper

AC Members
Sep 18, 2011
AZ
what I have now is: 1 common pleco, 2 bottom feeders, 1albino red tail shark, 1 black red tail shark, 1 blue dwarf gourami, 1 angelfish, 1 red sword tail, 1 unknown fish its all red with solid red eyes, 1 feeder fish, and 2 unknown small fish with yellow tails and grey bodys. 2 mollys one black and one white. Lastly 1 johanni blue cichlid 1 - 1 1/2 inches. I plan on moving fish around. I know its a weird community tank..

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
take pics of the fish you dont know about. there are some fish like the common pleco that will outgrow your tank

Jayhawk

AC Members
May 12, 2001
Lawrence, KS
I'm surprised the Figure 8 is doing so well...they're usually healthier in brackish water. What are you feeding yours? I kept a Figure 8 for a couple of years in a 29 (alone eventually...he started eating parts of the other tankmates - mollies, knight gobies). Lost him when he broke a tooth plate and never fed well after that. Great fish all around.

Eric

vanillarum

AC Members
Jan 4, 2008
Mass.
I have had my F8 puffer for 4 years in my community tank. It eats froz bloodworms, froz brine shrimp, ramshorn snails, freeze dried baby shrimp, among other stuff. Never added a grain of salt to the water, and it is fat, dumb and happy, as the saying goes !

Jayhawk

AC Members
May 12, 2001
Lawrence, KS
That's really cool. Any dental issues or do you have enough snails to keep things in good shape? I may need to get one again! I just didn't want to mess with brackish water again. He'd look great in my planted 20 long!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store