What to do with a 10 gallon planted...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

plantedtank12

Sign the Petition!!
May 6, 2011
York SC
Real Name
Nathan
Well after numerous attempts I have decided that my RCS population in this tank is done. There are still lots of small juries and babies but none make it to adult. I would like to stock it with some kind of tropical that isn't found in everyones tank lol. I was thinking maybe a school of fork-tail blue eye rainbows but I'm not sure how well they would do in this small of a tank. Definitely interested in breeding whatever I use in this tank. I don't really care what happens to the shrimp so if the fish is a shrimp-eater its fine. Thanks for the help!

XMX

AC Members
Oct 22, 2011
If you like rainbows, you can try gertrudes ARU II. These are not as common.

plantedtank12

Sign the Petition!!
May 6, 2011
York SC
Real Name
Nathan
I love those gertrudes, never heard of those before thanks for recommending them. Any idea on where to purchase them?

Pearl I did consider pea puffers, but after some research I devoted a 29 gallon in our fish room to them lol.

plantedtank12

Sign the Petition!!
May 6, 2011
York SC
Real Name
Nathan
Man I guess I keep more species of fish than I thought I did...I have several types of badis badis already lol. Assamensis, scarlet, rubber, buxar... Peacock gudgeons don't sound like a bad idea, are they possible tank mates for the gertrude rainbows?

plantedtank12

Sign the Petition!!
May 6, 2011
York SC
Real Name
Nathan
Omg thank you sooo much allaboutfish. My parents won't let me put more than one tank per room (i hate being 13!!) so I forget tanks all the time, especially with my dad running a fish room. So when you said endlers I remembered a 15 I set up for them a few months ago (auto. fish feeder) and I found almost $200 in fry!!:dance:
I think I will be going with 5-6 gertrude rainbows and several peacock gudgeons. Anybody know where to find some high quality ones that won't break my wallet?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store