FREE 40 gallon bowfront from freecycle! *PICS*

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

slipgate

AC Members
Mar 4, 2010
So I just got back with my 2nd free tank from freecycle. First was a complete 29g setup, this one is a complete 40 g bowfront. The deal came with the tank, top, lights, 7 large goldfish, a nice powerhead, 2 penguin biowheels, extra media for the filters, thermometers, etc, etc. And the best part is as I was leaving, I saw that she had a Fluval 305 filter just sitting there. I asked if she wanted to part with that and her husband yells out, "YES" so she gave me that too! It was filled with STINKY stagnant water but I got it home and cleaned it up and it looks brand new! SCORE!

So here is the tank after I spent a couple of hours cleaning it. It also looks brand-new. No crud anywhere!

finsNfur

AC Members
May 29, 2008
Connecticut
Nice! I got a free 46 bowfront with everything, I love the deals to be had on Craigslist.

dundadundun

;sup' dog? ;woof and a wwwoof!
Jan 21, 2009
S.E. PA
i'm checking my local freecycle now, brb. :D

platytudes

AC Members
Nov 4, 2006
Panama City, FL
Real Name
Nicole
Great find!

You hear all this about the economy and how nobody has money to spare, but obviously these people didn't care to make an extra $20, $40 or whatever. Super cheap would have been gone just as soon as free!

nerdyrcdriver

AC Members
Sep 1, 2011
USA
Real Name
Nick
man, free cycle in my area doesnt seem to have anything aquarium related. Either that, or I was on the wrong site. Seems to me the one for my area people were asking for a lot more than people were giving. 3 or 4 post of stuff to get rid of, 6 pages of post of wff (made that up, want for free) stuff. This isnt a poor area, just full of greedy people :( At least people on this forum are nice and friendly :)

bluemeate

AC Members
Sep 9, 2008
any free aquarium stuff tends to be snatched up in mintues around here. anytime i follow a free lead i usually end up meeting with like 3 other people tryn to pick up the same thing

hmmmm i remember i used freecycle pretty easily a few months ago but im on there now and all i can find is links to yahoo groups and what not... wth???

Last edited:

platytudes

AC Members
Nov 4, 2006
Panama City, FL
Real Name
Nicole
It's always just been a Yahoo mailing list. I get all the posts sent to my garbage (where they belong, for the most part!) and I check them every day or two, so far there's only been one large aquarium giveaway (plenty of tanks 5 gallons and under, and occasionally 10 gallons) and it got snatched up quick. I've been a member for at least two years now.

And yes, I agree...overall, more people asking for than giving. Some of the offerings - broken blender, bag of Halloween candy - are kind of silly. Pretty soon people will be asking for toys for their children and grandchildren, and we're not talking dolls and Legos but Wiis and so forth!

Last edited:

mrsdorothy

AC Members
Feb 22, 2003
Mississippi
Visit site
if you're not finding aquariums in free cycle, just make a post asking for 1. You'll be surprised how many responses you get from people that has them stored away and want to get rid of them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store