New bettas! Gorgeous orange and a charity case. :)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

FishesRWishes

AC Members
Nov 29, 2010
Went into a pet store the other day, while waiting to pick up my mom from work. Went into look at gravel prices, came out with these two fellows. I'm in the process of dividing a tank for them so for now they are stuck in their cups - but at least they are getting tons of water changes now!

I've always wanted an orange betta. I looovvveee how he sparkles.

DSC02168.JPGDSC02160.JPG

The second boy was just so awful looking that I could not resist bringing him home. He was originally priced at 14.99 but because of the condition of his fins I got a bit of a discount on him. Still paid far more then I should have but I couldn't leave him there. His cup said DSHM... any idea what that stands for? The DS bit has me confused.

DSC02170.JPG

DSC02170.JPG DSC02160.JPG DSC02168.JPG

dani_starr

AC Members
Aug 6, 2011
California
Real Name
Dani :)
Beautiful!!!! There are so cute! I love veiltails!! Esp the blue one, that's so nice of you to rescue him!! :eek:)

FishesRWishes

AC Members
Nov 29, 2010
Thanks guys! I am not a fan of veiltails myself, but his colour was just too good to pass up.

And DS being Dragon Scale does make sense, but he's not a dragon scale and that store doesn't sell dragon scales. Haha, very strange!

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
SD would have been super delta(finage)

authmal

Pseudonovice
Aug 4, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
His cup said DSHM... any idea what that stands for? The DS bit has me confused.

View attachment 185854
Probably dragon scale half moon. I'm not sure what dragon scale means, but I've seen it on some betta cups. His fins don't remind me of the dragon scales I've seen either, but I don't look all that closely at bettas most of the time.

vwill279

AC Members
Oct 7, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Real Name
Vanessa
He doesnt look much like a halfmoon to me... Hopefully once his fins arent so beat up you can get a better idea. I have a halfmoon and even when his tail is in boring mode, it looks way more full than your guy. If you live anywhere near Milwaukee, there is a store that specializes in bettas called Vang's Plakat Aquaria and he always has the most beautiful stock for reasonable prices. Since finding that place I cant even go near petco bettas. I feel too bad for them and want to take them all home, but getting a quality fish and supporting a caring, responsible, small business fish store is more important.

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
wow;) that orange one is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!amazing;)

finsNfur

AC Members
May 29, 2008
Connecticut
Nice! I bet they have really colored up by now. I can't ever remember seeing such an orange betta.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store