which gouaromies a hardiest?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Linda S

AC Members
Sep 6, 2009
Killeen, TX
Real Name
Linda Sholly
I'm going over stocking possibilities for my new 75 gallon. I have 12 emerald cories, 1 male blue betta. about 6 otos, I have CPDs and ember tetras I was thinking I might add a few gouramis to the mix, angel fish are too big i think I will also have some clown loaches so I don't need too many more fish , I was thinking 3-5 honey gouramis, are those my best choice?

Any one with some guidance?

platytudes

AC Members
Nov 4, 2006
Panama City, FL
Real Name
Nicole
Same here, tried mixing bettas and gouramis and it didn't work at all. If you could move the betta to another tank, I think 3-5 honey gouramis would look great. These are Colisa chuna, so they don't seem to be affected by the dwarf gourami disease that affects Colisa lalia (which are the powder blue, red flame, etc. brightly colored gouramis)

Linda S

AC Members
Sep 6, 2009
Killeen, TX
Real Name
Linda Sholly
betta not a problem, I'm keeping the 10 g I just emptied and replaced with a 20, and am planning on just a betta and plants for that tank.

Chrisinator

Ripariumist
Sep 27, 2008
North Jersey
Real Name
Chris
Like Platytudes said, Colisa chuna (or Honey Gouramies) seem to be unaffected by the "Dwarf Gourami Disease". I've also had great luck with my Pearl Gourami, he is beautiful and pearly! I wish I could have more, and I'll probably try to get another one sometime soon.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store