tiger barbs!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Wren

AC Members
Mar 27, 2011
Iowa
Real Name
Lisa
I've always wanted tiger barbs, but never had a good place for them. Today I bought 13 of them! They are going in a 125 gal with some rainbows, a school of cories, a couple clown loaches and a couple bristlenose plecos. I think everyone will be ok...

Right now the tiger barbs are absolutely tiny compared to the other fish. The rainbows investigated them to see if they were edible. They are schooling VERY tightly. I love it. I figure I will lose that tight little school as they get bigger and braver, but they will make up for it with brighter colors.

Lisa

Wren

AC Members
Mar 27, 2011
Iowa
Real Name
Lisa
I really didn't want to showcase my sucky photography skills. Or my dirty tank glass with its algae and water spots...

IMG_0735a.jpgIMG_0740a.jpgIMG_0739a.jpg

IMG_0735a.jpg IMG_0740a.jpg IMG_0739a.jpg

platytudes

AC Members
Nov 4, 2006
Panama City, FL
Real Name
Nicole
Adorable! Absolutely beautiful tank too :) Those vals look awesome (artificial, right? very realistic compared to the ones I've seen in stores!)...also is your tank tannic because of the driftwood? Or just an effect of the flash?

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
:rofl: That first picture is great, I've never seen tiger barbs look so small. Congrats! Tigers are nice fish and you don't have to worry about your camera skills or dirty glass because everything looks great!

Wren

AC Members
Mar 27, 2011
Iowa
Real Name
Lisa
The tigers are regular size that you see in the pet store. A little less than an inch. Everyone else in the tank is big - they've been there a long time.

The tank is tannic because of the driftwood. I have really hard alkaline well water. The driftwood doesn't lower the pH enough to make a difference (unfortunately). The vals are artificial. Plants don't do well for me... They have a little algae on them.

Lisa

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store