Long time no post....

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

kw0me

AC Members
Feb 13, 2007
So I was cleaning my tanks today and noticed a few fish were missing. I had 4 kuli loaches and thought they were hiding really good but after lifiting out the driftwood to clean the gravel i couldnt find them anywhere! was a bit shattered but finished the job then moved onto the canister filter to give it a rinse out and guess what i found! 3 of the 4 loaches hiding in there. i think the 4th might have had a run in with the impeller... i also found an rcs hiding in there. i have no idea how they made it into the filter as i have a block of foam stuffed in the pickup cage which works fine on my other tank for keeping the baby shrimp out. so might have to try something else.

plantedtank12

Sign the Petition!!
May 6, 2011
York SC
Real Name
Nathan
My kuhlis shim up the return flow on my HOB filters. Not sure how they could have gotten into a canister but the shrimp probably just crawled through the foam as a baby and grew up on the bacteria and stuff in your filter.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store