i'm spoiled...... 6 gallon fluval edge tank for free!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

BettaFishMommy

finkids make me happy :-)
Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
yep folks, i got me a FREE fluval edge tank this morning! :D all it needs is new bulbs.

perfect condition, with the black base and top, the filter looks like it hasn't even been used! came with some brand new aquaclear sponges and some carbon, a mini 25 watt heater (elite, the only brand i'll use), a cute piece of decor, a fake plant, bottle of dechlor (aquaplus, so i won't use it unless i run out of Prime), net...... pretty much the works. yay! all i need to add is substrate, and i've got play sand and about 5 different kinds of gravel kicking around.

so....... what to do with it?? it will be freshwater, and most likely will be in my kiddo's room, since there will be little filter splash noise to keep her up at night (she can be a light sleeper).

i'm leaning towards finally doing the lego tank i was thinking about quite a while back with my old 10 gallon, but give me ideas people!!! pretty please!

CrimsonBlush

Attemping to post rather than lurk
Jun 15, 2008
Twin Cities
crimsonblush.deviantart.com
Real Name
Miah
How about a DF tank? Or Killis? I think there might be small ones that are good for a 6 gallon. Or perhaps endlers? Or there is always the ever popular betta! :)

Or were you asking about decorations? Legos may be cool looking if done right, or they could look really tacky!

BettaFishMommy

finkids make me happy :-)
Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
i cruise the free section of my local kijiji (online classifieds) quite often, and came across it. insanely good luck was what made me the first person to view and respond to the ad. the lady giving it away was also incredibly nice to deliver it! (BFM looks behind her with a mirror and checks for a horseshoe....... lol!).

considering it will be in my daughter's room, tacky is ok! lol. her room is a mash up of butterflies and her various artwork on the walls, a fairy hanging on a swing, along with an old Elmo pinata from a birthday party a few years back. her bedding is multicoloured and bright. there is a gaudy rainbow-esque backyardigans table and chair, and all her other bedroom furniture is white with gold edge details. nothing matches, lol, but she likes it that way.

due to the fact that the water goes right up to the underside of the top glass in the edge tank, i won't be doing a betta. not enough surface area for proper labyrinth breathing.

i do have bn pleco fry growing out in my 20 long, one could move over to the edge, at least until it is bigger. my kiddo also really likes apple snails (we haven't had any here for a while now), but i worry about the surface breathing factor with them, so they would probably be a no go for this tank.

if i go the gaudy lego route, the fish need to be equally gaudy as well! hahaha! maybe an all male guppy tank?

nerdyrcdriver

AC Members
Sep 1, 2011
USA
Real Name
Nick
Had to look up cpo but from what I found they are like little crayfish? Do they do a good job at cleaning? Do they get along with guppies and neon tetras?

Sorry for the questions but you guys/gals seem to know about them. I personally think that cpos (from my 30s of research) might find a way to climb out.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store