Cory catfish problem please look and help (pic)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

AquaticAustin

AC Members
Sep 29, 2011
Orlando, Fl (UCF)
Ok so I went away for the weekend and when I came back I find there is something wrong with one of my cories who has been in the tank for quite a while, and with one of the newest fish. heres a pic of the cory...
2011-11-06_170922.jpg

All other corries are fine, just before I left one of my new additions died from something that I/ others here thought was bullying as he had torn fins, the other emperor tetra that is acting strangly (the smallest ones) also has torn fins but what is going on with this cory??? I have fungus/parasite/ich guard on hand and can treat the tank for it because something must be wrong, that cory was healthy. Any ideas??

2011-11-06_170922.jpg

AquaticAustin

AC Members
Sep 29, 2011
Orlando, Fl (UCF)
The emerald one with a white face, the juli is fine but the emerald you can clearly see has a pale face and its whiskers are just nubs

AquaticAustin

AC Members
Sep 29, 2011
Orlando, Fl (UCF)
I have 6 corys... 4 (including this one) have been in my tank for almost a year with no problems its only since the introduction of new fish have I had this so I believe I have another problem.

AquaticAustin

AC Members
Sep 29, 2011
Orlando, Fl (UCF)
thank you after you said cotton mouth I looked into it, which medication would be best to treat the tank with? Parasite guard, fungus guard, or ich guard? Unfortunately after reading about it I likely infected the new poor fish I put in since I used the same net as I did to remove the initial fish (that died) and now two more have it so I must treat the entire tank with something...

stephcps

AC Members
Jun 2, 2009
You also need to clean out your filter/filters really well. Sometimes it is a cleanliness issue (the columnaris).

AquaticAustin

AC Members
Sep 29, 2011
Orlando, Fl (UCF)
Ok I will, how do you suggest I clean the carbon packs in my filters? run them under hot water? Also which should I use to treat?

Fungus guard says it does fungus and bacteria (contains Nitrofurazone, furazoidone, potassium dichromate)
or
Parasite guard (Praziquantel, diflubenzuron, metronidazole, acriflavine
or
Ich guard, but I dont think thats the one to use since it only does ich and this is not ich

Also while I will clean and am happy for the suggestion I am pretty positive this was brought in by a new addition to the tank :-/ QT was full so just went straight to the big one

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store