tclipse's dart frogs

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

gtclipse01

likes robes.. a lot.
Jul 14, 2009
Centreville, VA
Real Name
Teddy McGrath
Thought I'd share my 'other hobby' with you all-

NOTE - I keep ALL of my species separate, hybridizing and mixed enclosures are very frowned upon in the dart frog hobby for various reasons.... I won't get into them here, but if you search "mixing" on any dart frog forum, there are plenty of threads with summaries of the reasons not to.

New frogroom... still in progress, but it's getting there

Before:

[/QUOTE]

Now:

Some frogs/vivs:

125G, Yellow A. galactonotus

2.0 O. pumilio "Solarte"

1.1 R. intermedius

1.1.1 R. ventrimaculatus "Iquitos"

1.0.5 E. anthonyi "Rio Saladillo" (still in QT)

1.0.1 O. pumilio "El Dorado" (temp tank)

gtclipse01

likes robes.. a lot.
Jul 14, 2009
Centreville, VA
Real Name
Teddy McGrath
0.0.3 R. lamasi "Orange"

0.1 D. tinctorius "Patricia"

0.0.4 D. tinctorius "Bakhuis" (growout)

0.0.4 D. tinctorius "Matecho (growout)

1.1 D. tinctorius "Azureus" (quarantine)

1.1 L. williamsi geckos

0.0.3 Phelsuma klemmeri

E. anthonyi "Santa Isabel"

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
That's an amazing collection you've got there! One of these days I'm going to start a dart frog tank, I swear. I've always been a big fan of tincs.

I didn't know you kept P. klemmeri. I'd like to get a breeding group of those. That's a nice looking male Lygo. Sadly, mine escaped a few weeks ago during my move and I never found him again. so I guess now I'm in the market for a nice looking male once again.

gtclipse01

likes robes.. a lot.
Jul 14, 2009
Centreville, VA
Real Name
Teddy McGrath
That's an amazing collection you've got there! One of these days I'm going to start a dart frog tank, I swear. I've always been a big fan of tincs.

I didn't know you kept P. klemmeri. I'd like to get a breeding group of those. That's a nice looking male Lygo. Sadly, mine escaped a few weeks ago during my move and I never found him again. so I guess now I'm in the market for a nice looking male once again.
Thanks, I've got some really cool stuff coming in within the next week or two.. have some "Blue Jeans" pumilio and Ranitomeya benedicta on the way :)

Yeah, sadly I no longer have the klemmeri, I downsized before moving and am just building the collection up again. Everything else I do still have though, and I will definitely keep them again. They are great little geckos. As far as geckos, I keep whatever species I can keep healthy on my "tinc diet" - D. hydei, d. melanogaster, bean beetles, isopods, and springtails.... pretty much comes down to the smaller Lygodactylus, Lepidodactylus, and P. klemmeri. I doubt it would be possible without the bean beetles & isopods, they do seem to need more calories than the tincs do... but I've had really good success with that feeder list plus repashy gecko diet/fruit mix, and the occasional pinhead treat.

Thanks, yeah he has escaped twice himself, they are definitely one of the harder animals to catch once they're out, no question there... both times it took at least 2 days to catch him. I have some eggs from my current pair, if you have some trouble finding one down the line I'd be willing to swap with you when they grow up so you have some fresh blood... sorry to hear about that.

Wren

AC Members
Mar 27, 2011
Iowa
Real Name
Lisa
What beautiful animals and beautiful set ups! I love them!

Lisa

gtclipse01

likes robes.. a lot.
Jul 14, 2009
Centreville, VA
Real Name
Teddy McGrath
Thank you all for the kind words, I'll update soon with some pics of the other tanks in this room (90G planted and 46G reef, both almost finished cycling :))

Inka4040

O_o
Mar 31, 2008
Real Name
The Silver Slanket
Great looking setups, man! Those Iquitos vents, and the Patricia are just insane looking.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store