Muzi Gold Head Comps Spawned

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Razzo

AC Members
Mar 5, 2009
Michigan - Indiana Border
Real Name
Russ
Hey, My Muzis finally spawned. About a week ago I noticed fry in the tank and they had already scattered from the spawning shell so I didn't bother with them. Then, the next day, another female had fry. She was guarding her shell and the fry were peaking out of the shell. I decided to extract them and see if I can grow them out. I also sucked up a couple of clusters of fry that happened to survive out in the tank. Altolamp fry can be a pain in the rump. It has been a while since I saved a batch; so, I'll give it a go and try to not get bummed when they have their massive die off. Here's some action shots :) Mom was doing a GREAT job of chasing away the males
Hope you like :)

Razzo

AC Members
Mar 5, 2009
Real Name
Russ
A few random favorite pics of the wild caught adults (some previously posted).

A couple females getting biffy with each other

My favorite pic of my Muzis

Gold head :)

Russ

Razzo

AC Members
Mar 5, 2009
Real Name
Russ
Thanks guys.

Week #1 - all is well.

Week #2 seems to be pretty tough on the numbers from past history. Trying some new things this time around - will report back :)

Russ

efors

AC Members
Jun 17, 2008
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Nice pics...congrats for the fry and good luck with them!

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
Congrats and good luck with fry! Beautiful adults!

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Yeah keep up on the posts on this i have 6 Goldheads growing out right now but i do believe i have a pair because i noticed they are protecting a shell in the back of my 120gal where i can not photo them..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store