Need help with clownfish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Partsman41953

AC Members
Sep 12, 2008
Hello,

I have a 28 gallon salt water aquarium with live rock, pulsing Xenia, tree leather corals, mushrooms, 2 clown fish, a yellow wrasse, and assorted clean up crew. My problem is that the clown fish are hosting in my pulsing Xenia and seem to be stunting there growth. The Xenia do not seem to be doing as well as they did originally when the clown fish were no constantly in them. I have most of my Xenia on one large rock. The Xenia which on other rocks are doing fine.

What can I do to keep the clown fish out of the Xenia so they can thrive again?

Thanks.

skene

AC Members
Mar 8, 2008
if they took a liking the xenia... then there really isn't anything you can do. You can try and get bta but it may take months or even longer before they become interested in it. I have my clowns hosting a branching hammer.. and I'm not getting growth from it, but it is healthy so I am leaving well enough alone... however there is also a RBTA next to the hammer so when the clowns are ready to move in... they will do it all on their own.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store