Feeding my parrot?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

EvanH

AC Members
Dec 25, 2003
Visit site
Hi all,

I picked up a nice big parrot the other day.. TOTALLY changed the tank, he's awesome!

What's this guy supposed to eat?? I've tired flakes, which he'll peck at, but the flakes usally float and his head is too large for him to really get any.. i've tried lettus - very unpopular, and i've tried bottom feeder food, which, with 10 cichlids of various lakes, gets VERY messy in my beautiful planted tank :).... any thoughts?

Evan

PS. Thanks for everyone who gave suggestions about my inactive bolivian ram... the addition of some other cichlids seemed to make him right at home!

peifc

AC Members
Jun 18, 2003
New York
www.peifc.com
BP eats anything. I feed mine frozen, freeze dried, flakes, pellets, and home made fish food.

Some BP has amazing aim when it comes to food (with powerful suction to suck the food in). I don't know if your fish has problem on suction or not. If not, you can try some pellets. My BPs daily diet are Hikari Gold. Because of his inability to suck and aim for food, I have to soak the pellets in the water for a minute or less until it is soft enough for me to press the air out so that the pellets can sink in the water slowly. My BPs have to eat anything that is in the mid water, sinking slowly. Another kind of food is tetra color bits. This is slow sinking food. They love this too.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store