Confused!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

homedog98

AC Members
Jul 19, 2011
Ga
mytankbuilds1.webs.com
Real Name
Lauren
Ok, so I walk over to the 29 today, and look inside te cave to see how my pleco boss is doing. I peer in his cave and to my horror find him on his side. I immediately reached for the hood to get a closer look, and the second my hand hit the hood he popped back up immediately! This happened 10 minutes ago and he's now swimming around in his cave as usual... Like nothing happened. I've never seen him do this before. I'll check Parameters in a minute but they've always been good. And before the pleco police turn on me it's a L-204 panaque pleco... He's full grown at 6-7 inches and is 2 years old (but he's only been mine a little over a month now. This really scared me... Any ideas?

homedog98

AC Members
Jul 19, 2011
Ga
mytankbuilds1.webs.com
Real Name
Lauren
Somebody please help! He just did it again! :( once again, the minute I touched the glass he popped back up! What should I do?!

stephcps

AC Members
Jun 2, 2009
I used to find my big male bristlenose like that all the time. Think it's just pleco behavior.

stephcps

AC Members
Jun 2, 2009
I only had one that would do it...drove me crazy!! There was another post on here about it. maybe about 2 years ago!! It was pretty funny...but not!!

homedog98

AC Members
Jul 19, 2011
Ga
mytankbuilds1.webs.com
Real Name
Lauren
Yeah... I'll do some research... It's not cool whatever it is lol. The 2nd time he did it he was upside-down... Like he was sucking on the top of his cave upside-down (like usual) and he just fell off... Either way... He's officially on the watch list lol...

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
I've seen one of my BNs that was suckered to the underside of a branch of driftwood literally let go, fall on its back, and just sit there...oddest thing...

So long as it is otherwise still moving, feeding, pooping normally then I wouldn't worry.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store