Killer Clown Loach

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Bruno

AC Members
Feb 23, 2004
Ontario, Canada
cliff-pics.com
Its official, my Clown has committed its first act of murder.

For the past few days my .5 inch clown loach has been stalking on of my 1 inch dalmation molly's and nipping at it, well today I watched the final act as the Clown nipped the dalmation pretty good, an hour later the dalmation was the victim of homicide.

I have since sentenced the clown loach to life in the 10 gallon whatever tank, where it is the only prisoner.

I am also going to assume that it may have killed one of my neons, however I have no proof.

Has anyone ever heard of a clown loach becoming this aggressive? I have had problems with the little bugger going after my Neon's and Danios, however he leaves the Bengal and Pleco alone. He did nip at one of my tetra's a few times but the tetra has since become .5 inch tall and 2 inches long, so it dwarfs the clown.

If anyone could help with a solution to my clown, besides freezing it I would be very thankfull.

Tyler

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
Is this the only clown fish? If so, that's probably the problem. They are very social, and if kept alone can cause problems trying to get other fish to be a group for them.

Rather than put it down, if you aren't willing to risk getting more of them, I would contact your LFS and see if they will take it in.

Bruno

AC Members
Feb 23, 2004
Ontario, Canada
cliff-pics.com
Im not putting it down, I am planning on getting a 70 gallon corner tank, and I will place a nice big school of 4 or 5 of them in there with this maniac of a fish and some others.....

I just found it funny that it went after the third largest fish in the tank..... exluding the pleco.

Tyler

victimizati0n

AC Members
Feb 23, 2004
Visit site
Originally posted by Bruno
Im not putting it down, I am planning on getting a 70 gallon corner tank, and I will place a nice big school of 4 or 5 of them in there with this maniac of a fish and some others.....

I just found it funny that it went after the third largest fish in the tank..... exluding the pleco.

Tyler
You NEED 6 or more clown loaches in your tank. If you dont, they will probably get aggressive.

Also, your clown is probably trying to get a pecking order, and is being a pig over the food (My clown loach bit another next to the mouth fighting for the pecking order and food) But he is fine after a couple scary days of seeing him lay on his side. (this was a few weeks ago)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store