ABN Noob Breeding Q's

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

emptywallet

another youngling who is clueless
Apr 19, 2008
Ohio
Real Name
David
After a long time of falling out of the hobby and being busy with life, I'm back. I have a full grown female ABN in my 55 with a whole bunch of Cherry Shrimp. Now here comes the questions:
1) Will the Cherry Shrimp disturb the eggs?
2) Male BN won't harass my girl right?!
3) My female seems to eat a lot of my driftwood, and poop...I have an area in my tank where it seems to like to settle, I have a dozen or so Vals (not sure about what plant) in the area, and nothing seems to be bothered by the settled waste, should i gravel vac that out? It literally looks like sawmill dust from the driftwood.
Thanks!

emptywallet

Apr 19, 2008
Ohio
Real Name
David
Also how often should I feed my pleco? I have algae pellets and such and i blanch veggies for him, but how often should i be feeding her?
Fun Fact: Her name is Beowolf haha, I got her from a friend of mine 3 years ago, when he was going off to college and shes been mine ever since.

wpgfish

AC Members
Dec 13, 2010
winnipeg, canada
Real Name
TROY
i had a ABN breeding tank which gave me great success, it was a bare bottom 20 gallon filled with driftwood and a hollowed out dog bone for a breeding cave. ive tryed other things like pvc pipe or ornaments but ive never had anything work as good as the bone. good luck

emptywallet

Apr 19, 2008
Ohio
Real Name
David
I've put in Cucumber on Saturday and my BN has yet to take any intrest in it. The ramshorn snails and shrimp love it though. I also blanched some leafy greens last night and put a big leaf in but she has yet to touch that either. I want to get her all ready for breeding before i put in a male. I have a half of a coconut with some anubias growing on it so i think that'll be a nice cave, and i also have a couple pieces of driftwood in the tank that the female has already eaten out some nice caves.

emptywallet

Apr 19, 2008
Ohio
Real Name
David
Don't even have to blanch it?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store