my new babies..questions?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

melissadotson

AC Members
Mar 30, 2009
parkersburg wv
ok i know it's been a while since i have last posted on here..i have been busy..i now have baby mis-bard O. clowns...they hatched about 12 days ago..i didn't have the money to do live rotifers..so i decided to try they frozen..they seem to be doing well on the frozen rotifers and live baby brine shrimp that iv'e been hatching..about 4 days ago my clowns layed eggs again..i still haven't been able to get all of the first babies out of the main tank yet..but i have been feeding those too..the same food...so my question is.has anybody on here ever raised clown babies before? and mine haven't seem to gone through the mourph processes yet either..i read they do that at about day 9..do some mourph later than others? your oppintions please..i know i really should have live rotifers..but no money right now..and they seem to be doing well with the frozen...thanks in addvance for advice..

Arakkis

AC Members
Apr 7, 2008
SJ Cali
it may mean they're not getting enough hufas? since you don't have access to live rotis (i can get them though) you and also go with frozen cyclopeze or you can go with this: http://www.brineshrimpdirect.com/Original-Golden-Pearl-Diets-Active-Spheres-c11.html
I have used them before. Other than that you still got some time to morph. 10 days is too soon for sure. Diet, water quality, temperature will all effect things in some shape or form. hope this helps

melissadotson

AC Members
Mar 30, 2009
parkersburg wv
ok thanks Arakkis..i went a head and got the frozen cyclopeze and the babies seem to be doing fine..they are still a little slow at growing..i have noticed that some of them are getting they're front fins and they seem to be getting bigger..but when are they suppose to go through the mourphing process? about what age?..i also just had another batch of babies hatch...lol..i'm still trying to catch the ones from the first batch..lol..but i have been feeding them frozen rotifers and live brine shrimp besides the cyclopeze..and how often should i feed them the foods? i have been gining them all 3 foods twice a day..is that too much? ...thanks in advaces for any info..it's a big help...

Arakkis

AC Members
Apr 7, 2008
SJ Cali
twice a day at least.. or you can do it my way. I used to grow an entire tank of rotis and raised the clowns in that live soup till they were big enough to scoop out safely

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store