55 Gallon Redo - advise wanted

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Razzo

AC Members
Mar 5, 2009
Michigan - Indiana Border
Real Name
Russ
Hey Guys,

On Friday, I pick up a new-ish 55 gallon tank with a nice black stand from my sister who is getting out of fish keeping for awhile. Here's what I have been thinking:

1. The existing 55 gallon F0 A. calvus (BCWP) tank is all scratched up and rather bland on the decor as it is a breeding priority tank. This tank will become a fry tank.
  2. Set up my sister's 55 gallon tank as a Tang community tank with nice decor designed for photography priority.
  3. In the new 55 will be my 6 calvus (1m/5f) and what to add?
  4. I really like leleupi & julies - how many of each? I would like at least three leleupi if possible - more if it will work.
  5. Any other species that you would add to a tank with calvus, leleupi, & julies?
  6. Oh yah, I've got 5 syno cats in another tank that I could add to this tank too.
Thanks guys :)

Russ

bradlgt21

AC Members
May 9, 2009
Chicagoland, Illinois
Real Name
Brad
I wish I had some advice for you. I know when I was going to do my tang tank. I liked Calvus, Comps, Julies, synos, and that was pretty much it. So I think you got all of what I would do covered. Sounds like exactly what I would do, just if you decide to keep some of your breeding calvus in there the syno's will probably eat the fry. I guess you could always use them to cull your fry that don't turn out.

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Lelupi and Juliedo's sound good i would add 6 each though.. If you want to throw a curve ball in this setup i would put a Cylindricus or a Buescheri in there as well and if you can find them try some Neolamp Prochilus they have the body of a Lelupi but the face of a Comp..

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Coolness i hope you find them and of course i hope all goes as planned for you.. Later man..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store