Dwarf Spotted Rasbora illness

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

idleivey

Registered Member
Nov 27, 2011
I have a 20 gallon planted tank that has been running for a couple months now and I recently been having issues with my Dwarf Rasboras. They had been in a 15 gallon for a year or so prior with no issues. I've lost two recently both to the same illness. They start to turn black and waste away despite healthy eating. I have been dosing my tank with Sulfathiazole per advice from my LFS but another rasbora has started to show signs of illness.

I plan to isolate the rasboras in my hospital tank but not sure how to treat. I haven't seen any symptoms in tank mates. Water parameters are good, 0 nitrite, 0 ammonia. I have a fluval 305 filter and I am running mechanical filtration media. Any help would be appreciated.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
What and how many on the tankmates? Liquid test kit? What illness are you assuming?

idleivey

Registered Member
Nov 27, 2011
Tank mates are lampeye killies, tetra cardinals, a betta, dwarf pleco and Australian goby. Yes I'm using liquid test kits. On the affected rasbora I have been noticing what look like sores? I was thinking maybe TB but at this point I have no idea.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store