yellow lab gone crazy?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

bettalover77

AC Members
May 27, 2010
Real Name
Alex
so I have this full grown male yellow lab, he was peaceful and got bossed around by my big male fuelleborni, but one day he just started chasing and nipping every fish in the tank now my big male fuelleborni eats,sleeps, and does not move from his cave 24-7, however he is at full breeding getup all the time. what should I do?...
please and thankyou

cichlidman123

AC Members
Nov 28, 2011
I don't think your electric yellow is crazy. I believe hes just asserting his dominance. its very common for a fish to go from bullied to bullier and your male fuelleborni is most likely just staying in his claimed territory now that your yellow lab is now dominant. if you notice the yellow lab chasing fish away from one spot that he tends to stay in then it is most definately just territorial aggression. just give all your fish places to hide and you should be fine.

bettalover77

AC Members
May 27, 2010
Real Name
Alex
thank you. he chases everybody away from the entire rock pile in my tank, up into the filter, but it is getting better.

efors

AC Members
Jun 17, 2008
San Juan, Puerto Rico
What is the size of that tank? Who are their other tankmates and how many of each species?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store