dwarf gourami tank in bedroom

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ludover

AC Members
Nov 30, 2011
Hi everyone, I have a big natural looking heavily planted tank (64G) in my living room of which I'm very happy. Now I'm looking into the idea of getting a smaller tank in my bedroom with dwarf gourami and neon or cardinal tetra's. I'm not sure if it would be best to get a single male gourami or if he would do better with 2 or 3 females. I'm also wondering what size of tank would be a humane choice. I don't want to put an enormous tank in my tiny bedroom, ideally I'd prefer a 15G but I'm willing to go (a bit) bigger if necessary.

MankatoMn

AC Members
Jun 29, 2010
Are you me? At the foot of my bed I have a planted 10 gallon with 2 dwarf gouramis, five neons, a male betta, and 2 mystery snails. It's filtered with two Aqua Tech 5-15's. It's been up for about 3 months and haven't had any issues with parameters or stress, and haven't lost a fish.
It's what I watch as I put on the radio and drift off to sleep.

aviva90

AC Members
Jun 19, 2010
San Francisco, CA
Real Name
Aviva
The gourami would be happy by himself, I had a lone dwarf honey gourami in a 15 and he was happy and everything, only reason I don't still have him is another fish killed him. A 15 sounds good to me.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store