55 gallon tang tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

fishndude

Keep the cat out the fish tank
Mar 21, 2010
Nashville,tennessee
I would like to know if there are any tangs I could keep in a 55 gallon tank. I was planning on having a stronger water current to make up for the space in the tank. I have not set up this tank yet just thinking about it.

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Not really. The closest option would be one of the bristletooth species but those could really use another 25+ gallons of swim space. By the time you fill a 55 with rock, there just isn't much room for a tang. You'll get a lot of opinions on this wherever you look but just seeing how these fish behave in the wild should tell you they need more room than a 55 will offer. If you want a broder body fish, I would suggest looking into the Dwraf angels.

livebearerfreak

you are hypnotized! LOL
May 31, 2005
fairchild wi 54741
Real Name
douglas harvey
why not try some rift lakes? julidocromis/comps/species like those, theres more but the names just left my head and i cant remember them now, grrr. but good luck!

Fractalis

Heavy Weapons Guy
Mar 3, 2011
why not try some rift lakes? julidocromis/comps/species like those, theres more but the names just left my head and i cant remember them now, grrr. but good luck!
You do know this is a saltwater thread right?

rift lakes and julidochromis is freshwater

livebearerfreak

you are hypnotized! LOL
May 31, 2005
fairchild wi 54741
Real Name
douglas harvey
umm disregard my last comment....... *i really need to look at where threads are located..* when it said tang, thought he ment cichlids lol.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store