Where do you go for Information, on the internet?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

felixpaws

AC Members
Jan 10, 2009
Pocatello, Idaho
It's like the title says. Where do you go, for information, on the internet? Links to websites, is what I'm looking for. Plus, what are your favorite sites, to browse through, just for ideas? I'll start us off:
Fishbase.org
Reefcentral.com
Reef2reef.com
thereeftank.com
Reefbuilders.com(This one shows as a dangerous site, according to my security, but I think it may be due to they're advertisements or links. I still check it out, occasionally, and haven't had any problems, yet, but be advised.)
(I used to go on Reefsanctuary.com, but I keep getting viruses, when I get on there, so, I just stopped going on.)
I'm just curious where evrybody goes for inspiration, and credible information. Thanks!

felixpaws

AC Members
Jan 10, 2009
Pocatello, Idaho
I do the same, but it seems like the one's that have the most useful information seem to be the same one's. Another site, I forgot, would be wetwebmedia.com
I check google, frequently, but it seems to be, that there are some sites, with cosistent information. That is what I'm looking for. Sites that aren't just some guy on the internet, who posts whatever he feels like, not caring if he's wrong or not. I've found that there are reputable forums, with good information, but sometimes, they are hard to find or everyone who's been around for a while, knows about them, but a newbie(such as myself) wouldn't know about them. Having, at least, 3 sources on the internet, is a good idea, but if all 3 sources are spouting the same nonsense it wouldn't really be very helpful, to me. No offense meant. It just took me a long time to find bulkreefsupply.com, among other helpful websites, that could have saved me a lot of money, if only I'd found them sooner.:duh: :D

reptileguy2727

Not enough tanks, space, or time
Jan 15, 2006
Northern Virginia
I try to avoid hobbyist sites. They tend to regurgitate what the last one fed them. Fishbase.org is definitely the place to go for specific information about max size, natural temp, distribution, etc. Reefkeeping is good for most reef related stuff.

the wizard

Is it really Niko's fault?
Jan 28, 2010
Real Name
David
Google and check around 5 sites and compare the info.

Khemul

Sea Bunny
Oct 14, 2010
South Florida
Google. Do a search with "forum" in it and you'll hit all the major sites.

I personally like Reefcentral, but all forums have certain subjects/items that are difficult to get unbiased information on. Always use multiple forums to avoid those.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store