Angel Fish Fry dying

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Bonniegiff

AC Members
Jul 18, 2010
My Angels layed eggs on a leaf of a plant I cut the leaf and set up another tank with the same water. I put methleyne Blue in the tank a pinch of salt and some anti clore. I kept the temprature between 80 and 84. I did a 20 percent water change every day. I started out with 12 free swiming fry and now have 3 left. What am I doing wrong? :(

stephcps

AC Members
Jun 2, 2009
When did they go free-swimming? 12 is not very many...you should have had hundreds. So, maybe they weren't all fertilized or something was wrong with them. Is this the pair's first spawn? Are you feeding anything?
Also, from what I have read of people who remove the eggs...I have only let the parents raise....you should use the water from the parent's tank.

Apr 2, 2002
New York
When in the process did you clear the Methylene Blue from the water?

Newly free swimming angels need live food for the first 10-14 days. Newly hatched brine shrimp are usually suggested.

Salt is not needed, imo.

Bonniegiff

AC Members
Jul 18, 2010
They went free sqiming a week ago. There were two leaves with eggs and I only took one with eggs. The reason I did it on my own is because the poarents eat them. I took the water from the parents tank and put it in a 2gallon tank. since there were only 12. I am feedinf the brine shrimp twice daily. I also have a air sone that hovers over them so it feels like the parents are faning them.

Bonniegiff

AC Members
Jul 18, 2010
As soon as they were all free swiming I started to remove the Methylene blue. I take 20 percent of the water daily. I feed them frozen brine shrimp. I tried making the newly hatched brine shrimp from eggs but couldn't tell the difference between the shrimp and the shell and had no way of heating the jar because its plastic.

stephcps

AC Members
Jun 2, 2009
Do you do water changes and siphon the uneaten shrimp. I fed mine frozen as well and they ate it just fine.

Bonniegiff

AC Members
Jul 18, 2010
I clean as much as I can get up with out taking babies with it. I am glad that someone else uses frozen birine shrimp. When they get older I will use dried baby food along with the shrimp.

archer772

AC Members
Apr 20, 2006
Caro Michigan
Eliminate the salt first and get some ro water and then use the meth blue about 5 drops per 1 gallon. IMO you need to feed them freshly hatched brine shrimp for the first couple weeks then try to get them to take frozen BBS and crushed flake food.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store