black moor has popeye!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

tabbykay

AC Members
Oct 21, 2011
sevierville tn
Real Name
Tabitha
:help2::help2: his eye looks like a big white marble and it has happened within the last 24 hours. he seems to not mind is whatso ever and is eating like normal and very active? what can be done?

Somervell

AC Members
Feb 8, 2009
PA
Real Name
Anne
It can be related to water conditions. Can you post a picture and some parameters for your water? Is it just one eye or both? Usually both eyes would be affected. Did the fish injure itself in the tank somehow? Telescopes are notorious for doing that.

tabbykay

AC Members
Oct 21, 2011
sevierville tn
Real Name
Tabitha
only his left eye is damaged i think he bumped it and there is a knife fish in there so im leary about meds. im at work and cant test the water as of now but my water is always very clean. I bought him a week ago. for a buddy to my older moor

tabbykay

AC Members
Oct 21, 2011
sevierville tn
Real Name
Tabitha
BUMP: I have put him in a quarentine tank and medicated him. he is eating well and i will see how everything goes after this week of medicating

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
Why would someone advise melafix and pimafox for this issue? This is not exactly the solution for pop eye cases. Kindly post your water parameters eapecially hardness if you have a kit for that. Somervell has a point. Most pop eye cases are caused by deteriorating water conditions. Herbal meds are temporary fixes and more often than not, simply aggravate the issue.

tabbykay

AC Members
Oct 21, 2011
sevierville tn
Real Name
Tabitha
we used pimafix. for a week and then did a fifty percent water change as instructed and his eye cleared up considerably. the only problem was i also treated our community tank for ick. the black moor also had ick when we got him. ( never q tanked) i know bad me. he was sick when we got him a few weeks ago. our tank is good it was the lfs tanks that had bad water quality

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store