bristlnose plecos VS rubbernose plecos

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

livebearerfreak

you are hypnotized! LOL
May 31, 2005
fairchild wi 54741
Real Name
douglas harvey
what really is the difference regarding hardiness and all? right now i have 3 bristlenose for my african tank, may get 3 rubbernose for my other tank ( 45 ) so what really is the deference b/w them?

livebearerfreak

you are hypnotized! LOL
May 31, 2005
fairchild wi 54741
Real Name
douglas harvey
ah yeah had some rubbernose before and they died, though they ate algea to ( didnt get them just for algea though ) so maybe i should get 3 more bristlenose for my 45 then? hmm. i want to get some clowns but ugh, cant find them here yet, and well er i did before but they are expensive.... starting to like plecos now lol.

Dburgess1231

AC Members
Oct 21, 2011
NORTHERN OHIO
yes rubbernose and bulldogs are the same. they also eat algae. but that isnt the only thing that BN or rubbernoses should eat. you should feed them veggies at least once a week. pref everyother day... and they both need driftwood in the tank to munch on as part of their diet. they will not live on algae alone.

reptileguy2727

Not enough tanks, space, or time
Jan 15, 2006
Northern Virginia
I had a rubbernose chew on the sides of fancy goldfish, even took out an eye on one. I have never had a bristlenose bother anything like that.

Dburgess1231

AC Members
Oct 21, 2011
NORTHERN OHIO
i feed mine a slice of cucumber every other day or when they finish it. they love it. i have some sinkers on fishing line and let it sink to the bottom and the plecos become glued to it haha. green beans, cucumbers, zuccinni are some others. blanch the beans. i just use cucumbers though because they are cheap and they seem to love them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store