got my dry ferts

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Linda S

AC Members
Sep 6, 2009
Killeen, TX
Real Name
Linda Sholly
Mono Potassium phosphate KH2PO4-P

Potassium Sulfate K2SO4

Potassium Nitrate - KNO3

Plantex CSM+B

11% DTPA Iron

seems like a lot of potassium
How do I dose each of these?
Can I make a stock solution in a gallon of distilled water?
I have a
10 g
20 g
29 g
36 g
I will print this thread for reference.

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
Depends on what method you subscribe to and probably more importantly how your tanks are setup. There are tons of threads on various forums on how you can dose. I've only gone the EI route although it was modified slightly (see below).

You can make stock solutions and I think there was a thread around here but I don't have it bookmarked...

Anyways, as for the potassium, some people find it unnecessary to dose K2SO4. Totally up to you depending on how your tanks are doing. Eventually I stopped but it didn't last long enough to come to any real conclusions.

tolawdjk

AC Members
Sep 8, 2010
I run all of that with EI dosing for my 46 gal with CO2.

Rather than a stock solution, I've just picked up several of those "seven days of the week" pill containers. I actually picked up enough of them off the local club auctions quick sale table such that i am able to take about 30 minutes and fill up 2.5 months worth of dosing.

So on "Monday" at feeding, I pop open the Monday tab and dump it in after feeding. Tank has been growing like gang busters since then.

You might want to be careful with stock solutions. At least don't mix the Plantex with the others as I think I have heard of stuff parcipitating out of solution when they are all mixed like that.

Linda S

AC Members
Sep 6, 2009
Killeen, TX
Real Name
Linda Sholly
Ok, pill containers, Coach_Z uses that method. Is there a good staring point for these ferts? and I just add the powders? or do I mix them with some aquarium water? I would use a different pill holder for each tank I guess. sounds easy but I need to know where to start. starting point for a 75 g tank as well
Thanks
starting poinrs w/ + w/o K2SO4 please.

Linda S

AC Members
Sep 6, 2009
Killeen, TX
Real Name
Linda Sholly
:) Printed the link thread. Thanks got my starting point. is there a conversion chart so I can maybe use my food scale to measure the feerts as I don't have anything smaller than 1/4 teas? How do you all measure the dry ferts? I haven't been able to find any smaller measureing spoons- any help with that?

coach_z

AC Members
Jan 12, 2009
NJ - Northern
Real Name
Chris
whatever method you choose follow it to a T for several months. Then you will learn where you can skimp a bit. I currently use the most ghetto method of EI dosing known to man and it gets me by. It is such a terrible dosing method that I will never even tell anyone what it is.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store