Mafia #98: The Grinch Returns -- The Play

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Lab_Rat

Merry Christmas!
Dec 3, 2009
Deep South
Mafia #98: The Grinch Returns

Game Mechanics

1) Each game day everyone in the town has to vote to lynch someone. You vote by saying (in bold)… I vote to lynch so and so.

a. You must vote each day,but you cannot vote for “No One” or for yourself. If you fail to vote, you will die an untimely death.

b. If you decide to switch your vote, state in bold you are doing so and the new vote. (I retract my vote on XXXX, and vote to lynch XXX)

c. Do not put your vote in your signature.

2) Whoever has the most votes gets lynched. If you have two and everyone else has one vote…you get lynched.

a. The priority of night time happenings is:

Town Lynch
Grinch's Hit
Frosty’s Hit
Jack’s Nip
Untimely Deaths
Investigation Results

b. If multiple people have the same number of votes, I will use a coin flip to decide who gets lynched.

c. Investigations will reveal specific roles as given by me to the player.

3) If you do not vote daily, then you will die an embarrassing death. UDs suck, don't do it.

4) Everything stays in the game, no PMing people and setting up deals or alliances, or discussing issues in this game on other sites. The sole exception to this is the authorization by me for special role players to do so.

I STRONGLY SUGGEST THAT AUTHORIZED PEOPLE COMMUNICATE VIA AN OFF SITE MESSAGING BOARD LIKE MSN/AIM/ICQ.

5) You can say whatever you want in the game, but you can't 'prove it' with my PM to you.

6) The Grinch and his elves win when they outnumber the Innocents or Santa is killed.

7) The Innocents win if they lynch the Grinch and all his elves.

8) If you have any questions, PM me. If it's important to all I will post it.

9) Once again, no one, unless authorized to do so, are to discuss the game outside of the thread. That's kind of the point. If you are discussing things, then everyone else doesn't get the benefit of your deliberations. Think town hall rather than internet chat room.

10) Do not edit your posts! KEEP AFTER DEATH POSTS TO A MINIMUM!

Roles

The players are residents of the North Pole where there is an evil plot to destroy Santa, his workshop, and Christmas…forever! Santa has used his magic to shield the identities of those around the workshop in order to flush out the scum who wish to ruin the happiest day of the year.

Santa, an Innocent
, is on a mission to rid his workshop of the evil elves trying to disrupt the work needed to get ready for Christmas. Santa has one investigation per game night to find the evil infiltrators. Santa is also in communication with his trusty bodyguard, Rudolph. Investigations are required to be sent to me before nightfall occurs. If Santa is investigated by the scum team, he will show up as an innocent townie.

Rudolph, an Innocent,
is out to save the day, and help Santa. Rudolph has the ability to protect Santa from the Grinch’s hit or Frosty's snowball. He can do nothing about the Townies lynching their jolly leader. As teammates, the two can communicate outside the thread.

Frosty the Snowman, an Innocent, is a soft-spoken resident of the North Pole. However, he possesses a dangerous snowball that will instantly kill the person it is directed at (it’s a very icy snowball). If Frosty is found by Santa via investigation, he can join the innocent team.

The rest of the innocents are Santa’s elves. Their life’s work is at stake and without Santa they would be stranded without a home. They too are on a mission to get rid of the Grinch and his henchmen and do so by lynching a player every nightfall. Each innocent elf has their own minor role that could help guide them through the game. Only the player will know of their ability.

The Grinch
has a heart two sizes too small and is completely rotten to the core. He has hated Christmas for as long as anyone can remember. The Grinch has continuously tried to destroy Santa and the merriness he brings to good little girls and boys. He is in control of evil elves and is currently in communication with all but one of them. The Grinch can attempt to find the lone elf as well as other players’ roles through nightly investigations. The evil elves can hit one townsperson per night. If the Grinch is killed, the team loses their nightly investigations.

Jack Frost, is a mischievous spirit who simply wishes to last the winter. He has the ability to “nip” one person during the course of the game. If he chooses an evil elf, they will turn good. But if an innocent elf is nipped, they will become an evil elf without immediate connection to the Grinch. All non-elf players are immune to the “nip.”

If for any reason you need to leave the game, please PM me, do not post it in the thread. IF YOU POST THAT YOU QUIT YOU DIE AS SOON AS I SEE THE POST. NO EXCEPTIONS. YOUR ROLE WILL BE REVEALED. I don't care if you recant the quit you will still die.

"In the game you will get accused, grilled, made to look like an idiot, and a hundred other things. Remember that it is IN THE GAME. Do not take anything personally or make personal attacks. Anything said out of line will result in removal from the game."

Lab_Rat

Merry Christmas!
Dec 3, 2009
Deep South
Player list:
DD
AAF
Pappy
Rich
LG
Ice
UN
Dawg
Dun
Wiz
Kash
Bally
FF
2H

All roles were chosen using a random number generator.

First nightfall will be Sunday, December 18th at 8 PM CST.

GAME ON!

Lady G

It's a mafia thing, nothing personl
Oct 6, 2005
WI
gingersassatelli.bodybyvi.com

Ballyhoo

AC Members
Jun 27, 2010
Fairfield, CA
Morning!
It's good to be back :)