Quick video of my Nanocube...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Chuck H.

AC Members
Mar 23, 2005
Chesapeake, VA
:clap:

[YT]EakP0sInSk0?rel[/YT]

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Nice tank too! What size cube? How is the angel with the clams/corals?

Chuck H.

AC Members
Mar 23, 2005
Chesapeake, VA
Nice tank too! What size cube? How is the angel with the clams/corals?
It's a 28 gallon Nanocube. I've had the Pygmy for about 3 years. My research prior to getting him was that they were in general reef safe with the occasional specimen being a nipper. I've never had a problem - both clams in there over 1.5 years and no problems nipping coral.

Chuck H.

AC Members
Mar 23, 2005
Chesapeake, VA
Very nice! Care to share the behind the scenes of the tank? filtration, lighting, etc
Sure! Lighting is a Nova Extreme Pro 20" 6 x 18w T5 fixture with, from front to back, Actinic Blue (dusk/dawn), 12 k daylight, Actinic Blue, 12 k daylight, Actinic Purple (dusk/dawn), Actinic Blue - all True Lumen bulbs.
Skimmer is an AquaMaxx HOB - the best for this tank I've used so far (compared to the stock skimmer, stock skimmer with Luft Pump upgrade, Saphire Aquatics Skimmer, and a Deltec 300 - trying that one hurt the wallet, but I wasn't impressed at all). Rear chamber return pumps are MJ 1200's, augmented by a MP-10 wavemaker in the display. Center chamber basket has floss, Chemipure Elite and Purigen from top to bottom. I use an ATO with pickling lime (about 1 tsp. per gallon) in a jug of distilled water for top off. I dose 10 ml each of C-balance A & B on Mon. Wed. and Fri. in the morning. I feed sporadically with assorted pellets and small frozen foods - target feeding the BTA and plate coral bigger chunks periodically. My last round of chemistry results were: 8.2 pH, 420 calcium, 1600 mag., 9.0 meq/l alk and no nitrates.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store