tanganikan rivals

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

swarm O gobys

AC Members
May 5, 2011
its seems my lemon cichlid witch i belive is neolamp. luppi or something like that and my dickfieldi julie seem to be rivals they will mug at each other from there rocks then just dart out lock lips and spinn around then they run back to there spots and do that over and over again its kinda fun to watch cuz no real damage is caused, but those two compleatly ignore my calvus and kendalii, why is it that only those two go at it. oh ya i just added the julie today he was in my krib tank but now in the tanganican. i am slowly bring the stock up in the tank so i am adding like 3 or 4 fish every week. i am also wondering how to julies mix with other kinds of there species my lfs has a verry large julie ornatius and i was wondering if it will mix in the tank or if there would be a problem. i dont want to get another dickfieldi cuz i dont want any pairs to form.

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Julidochromis of all species will fight with each other due to resemblance they will also fight with other Tanganyika's that resemble each other, the key is a large tank for bottom or rock space, I have a 120gal 5' long footprint with tons of caves and i have Julido Dickfieldi 11 total and Julido Marlieri 10 total, Lelupi 4 total and a large colony of Orange Mwela Comps there is some scrapping going on but they all can get away and no real damage is done..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store