Live stock

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

whaddisfish

AC Members
Dec 25, 2011
i am planning to setup another 20gallon tank (this one will heavily planted with java moss).

Will these faunas be compatible together in the tank???

20-25 cardinal tetras
10-15 mosquito/chili rasboras (boraras brigattae)
3-5 CRS or 5 RCS
1-2 Ottos

PLS DONT TELL ME THAT IM OVERSTOCKING!!! I KNOW WHAT IM DOING (NOT A BEGINNER TO THIS HOBBY) I JUST WANT ADVICE ABOUT COMPATIBILITY

rufioman

"That guy"
Aug 16, 2010
Northern Arizona, USA.
Real Name
Heath
Way overstocked, dude. It's not bio-load it's space in my opinion.

whaddisfish

AC Members
Dec 25, 2011
its a normal 20g(60cm x 40cm x 40) chrisnator. But these mosquitos are rlly small, 10 of them could fit in a 5 gallon i suppose. And 15gallons for cardinal tets is fine in my opinion. the 1 inch per gallon rule is a false if im not intending to get successful breeding(more for those who want successful breeding?). And do cardinals eat CRS fry? cuz i had them with RCS be4 and the shrimplets were just fine.

RisiganL.

AC Members
Feb 24, 2010
Raleigh, NC
Real Name
Risigan Logendran
I totally agree with the fact that boraras sp. are small. I personally have 10 in a 10g and I could easily double that and still not seem over stocked. Even so, you do have too many fish. I am counting boraras as half a fish because of size, and even then you have 30-40 some fish. Why not just a large school of boraras only?

whaddisfish

AC Members
Dec 25, 2011
To...RichiganL.
this is because im easily bored when i have only one species of fish in a tank. after a period of time i tend to get rlly bored so i change (change=money). this is why i want to keep both species and together so dat i dont get bored and dont change so often :D. but i've housed 15 galaxy rasboras and 20 cardinals and 2 ottos and 10 RCS together in this tank be4 without any problems, and i didnt get bored at all. But sadly, the galaxies died because my 2 aquarium fans broke down within a day (in thailand its supa hot so we dont need heaters but fans to cool down instead LOL) so i wnna add 15 mosquitos and prob sum RCS, thats y i dont want a boraras brigattae to be the only type of fish. so yeh, like as RisiganL. says that he kept 10 in 10g be4, ive seen many tanks in galleries which house 10 of these in heavily planted 5g with shrimps. And housing 20 cardinals and ottos in a 15g is kinda the max. u can put in a 15g which is suitable. so wen u put them together in a 20g (15+5) i think it works out fine(not 100% sure).

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store