Beloved Goldfish needs help immediately! please someone help me

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

UKyoulovemexoxo

AC Members
Dec 26, 2011
I am extremely worried my goldfish had a case of swim bladder the other say so i treated her with epsom salt baths and fed her a couple of skinless frozen peas and she seemed to be doing 90% better....now she is EXTREMELY bloated to the point where i actually started crying because of how she looked and she is constantly pooping. her poops are very long and some are actually floating. I love this fish a lot and i need help asap...the water is a little cloudy but my tank (ive had her almost a year though) is new. The ammonia, nitrite, Ph and everything are fine and im frantic to help her asap.

Dangerdoll

Global Moderator
Aug 27, 2002
Roselle Park, NJ
aquariacentral.com
Real Name
Cori
What are you regularly feeding him?
the water needs to get up to unclear, it sounds like a bacteria bloom in in effect. When you say it's up to par, what are the ammonia, nitrites, and nitrate levels?

UKyoulovemexoxo

AC Members
Dec 26, 2011
honestly im not sure because my test strips just tell me if the colors mean it is in a safe range or not...im very worried for my goldfish..i feed her tetrafin pellets but i keep searching for what is the best thing to feed her and i cannot seem to find what everyone thinks is best

Dangerdoll

Global Moderator
Aug 27, 2002
Roselle Park, NJ
aquariacentral.com
Real Name
Cori
ok, can you possibly post a pic of the fish? I am really feeling like you need to up that water changing schedule you have since you say it is cloudy. For now (or tomorrow), I suggest doing a water change.... what is your maintenance schedule, meaning how much do you do water changes? What size is the tank?

petluvr

AC Members
Jun 5, 2008
Podunk, Va.
Real Name
Larry
How often are you changing water, how much are you changing, what size tank is this, and how big is the fish? Goldies are MESSY and DIRTY (sorry goldie fans but they are) so a lot of water changing should be taking place and if it isn't I would say start. Change ten percent for a few days then 20 percent and see how it is doing after that.

UKyoulovemexoxo

AC Members
Dec 26, 2011
its just her in a 10 gallon biube and i change about 1\3 of the water once either a week or every two weeks depending on what it looks like

Pearl

AC Members
Aug 12, 2009
Michigan
Real Name
Vicki
You need a larger tank and more water changes. Personally, I wouldn't keep a single goldfish in anything smaller than a 29 gallon.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store