urgent need help!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
i just found my female cutteri really beat up. im draining a 10 and cleaning it out, im going to put her in there, bare bottom with 2 cycled filters(aquatech 5-15 and aquatech 20), im going to put in some hiding places and some floating plants, but do i need any meds???
here she is plz help

i dont know why her mate did this.

Jannika

MTS Survivor
Mar 17, 2010
N. California
Poor thing! It might be better, and less stressful for her, to move the male out for a while. It's hard to tell severity from the pic, but with clean water and no-stress environment she may heal without it getting infected. Maybe a little salt will help too @ 1 teaspoon per gallon, pre-dissolved and added slowly. Then keep a close eye on her.

Last edited:

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
hmm i do have some aquarium salt, shes having trouble swimming and shes breathing heavily but hopefully she'll make it. i moved her out bc i didnt wsnt the babies stressing her out

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
i added close to a teaspoon per gallon, probably a little less. theres some floating plants to help keep water clean. also have a pvc pipe in there for her. ill probably pick up some Fish Protector to help her heal. i think im going to sell my male though, he's just too mean.

homedog98

AC Members
Jul 19, 2011
Ga
mytankbuilds1.webs.com
Real Name
Lauren
you can't blame a fish for acting as it would in the wild. ;) i think if you upgraded them to a bigger tank, or separated the two when they weren't breeding, you'd find you had a much less aggressive male.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store