FS FS/FT- BGourami Corries Loaches Betta etc - 30281, GA- PU - or send me heatpk 4 SH

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

LiveMermaid07

Bloody Mary. As in, hand me one.
Jul 7, 2009
Lost & Confused
Real Name
Can't Remember...
After nearly 4 years of fish keeping the landlord decided all my indoor fish must go by the end of the month! *insert much crying and swearing here*

So I need to find good homes for my babies fast. :(

This is so hard, I don't want to give up any of my fish!

(Of course you know I'm have to try and sneak some of the fish by them somehow heeheehee. :evil_lol: But failing that... :( )

Here is the list of my babies, serious inquires from those willing to provide a good home and take good care of them only please.
(Please forgive me if I hang on to tightly, as I said, it is not by choice I'm giving them up.)

Marley - female blue gouramis, about 4.5" long, roughly 2 1/2 years old. Normally intensly shy and just as curious. Gets along with most other fish.
She does not like dwarf gouramis and will chase other gouramis for a few weeks till she gets to know them, then she will not defend herself against them.
She has however always lived with bettas - was raised with a sororirity and now is with a male betta. She is calmer when at least one betta is in the tank with her, otherwise she freaks out all the time.

3 female cherry barbs - no idea of age, have had about 6 weeks (when I had male cherries in the tank with them they were all very violent, but when I took the males out, presto! the females were well behaved lol.)

Harry & Sally - 2 otos, male and female - I think. I originally had 7 years ago so I don't know for certain which pair these are, so as far as age goes... maybe between 2-3 years, + however old they were when I got them. Some were babies when I got them so they might not be much older.

1 neon - Bob - (all that is left of my original pack - they committed suicide) have had for 13 months ish. think it is male

1 white cloud (goldfish ate the others I think) unsure of gender. May have had around a year or less, I don't quite remember.

Skiddish 1 & Skiddish 2 - 2 brightly colored highfin platy fry (orange with black fins) about 1 inch and roughly 3 or 4 months old

MommaPlaty - 1 red female highfin platy. unsure of age, have had for several months. She has rather violent however and can NOT be kept with any bettas - at least not with any of mine, she can hold her own, but I don't want either one torn to pieces (she is in quarantine tank now cause I can't keep her with anyone that isn't much bigger than her.) She will attack any fish smaller than her. She is however good with bugs and less than healthy plant matter.

4 black khulis. Think I"ve had for 2 years now. Believed to be 1 boy and 3 girls. (boy is named Coolio)

Pearl - female crowntail betta 1 1/2 - 2 years old. Pink/red/purple. She has been kept by herself (other than when experimenting to see if she could go in the sorority/comunity tank). She will eat anything else put in with her unless it is bigger than she is.
That 'rule' about fish not eating anything they can't swallow does not apply to her, counting her fins she is approximately 2.5 inches long, and she ate 2 -1/2inch guppy fry even though it took her nearly an hour to swallow the second one. I have no idea how she did it lol. She thought about taking on Marley when I tried her in the comunity tank but then got freaked out by another fish.
It is strongly recommended she be kept by herself. (A divided tank is fine, she likes to chase the other fish, as long as they can't reach her lol.)
Pearl
View attachment 189113

MommaPlaty
View attachment 189112

Fritzy
View attachment 189114
Fritzy - female betta, roughly 13 months old, will tolerate some fish's company. Nearly 3 inches long (I think). Pink/red/clear blue

Bronze cories, 1 adult(?) female, 1 adult(?) male, 3 babies roughtly 3months old
The male and female are a mated pair, I'd rather not seperate them.
They just another batch recently so there may very well be more baby cories as well.
It's been 1 week now so hopefully they'll be big enough before the end of the month to count and catch.

one of the khulies - they really don't stay still for pictures ;)
View attachment 189116

Cory Momma
View attachment 189117
I guess she might be about 3 inches long, Cory Daddy is noticeably smaller, unfortunately they don't stay for pictures, I was lucky to get this one lol.

Neon & White Cloud & Marley's face (she is such a ham lol!)
View attachment 189118

Marley & Momma Cory. They look so guilty. I wonder what they were doing before I flashed them....
View attachment 189119

Marley
Marley s close up  .JPGView attachment 189120Marley s other close up  .JPG
In the third pic you can see where she has a gold scar(?) just under her dorsal fin.

Charlie Jigz (Mr. Jiggy)
Charlie 1      -.JPG
Male betta, blue red white. I have had him for 1 year and 9months, he was nearly full grown when I got him so he is definitely over 2years old.
He will eat other fish, I was not able to safely 'pair' him with any comunity fish at all.
It is recommended he be by himself. He was a birthday present.
Sorrry, I'm totoally snotting and crying while trying to type all this out.
By himself he's very sweet. He has been battling minor finrot but I think currantly pretty much all of his fins are present.

Cheeto - male betta, I've had for about 7 months, he was not full grown when I got him so he might be around 1 year or less old. Bright orange with some faint light neon blue markings. His fins were eaten off earlier and they haven't comepletly grown back yet / he may have slight finrot or they just won't grow back all the way ever again, it's hard to tell which (no blood, doesn't really look like finrot).
Cheeto can be kept with other fish, though he's taking to chasing them off, but only for short distances. He does fine with the 2 orange platy fry but he and Momma platy tried to duke it out and had to be seperated.
Very sweet tempered. Shouldn't be kept in a really deep tank though cause he 'forgets' to come up for air, lol.

2011_1019Misc0215.JPG2011_1019Misc0222.JPG

I will try to add more photos and info as I can.

I do not have a computer so I will answer asap, please be patient with me.

If your interested in the fish seperately or together please pm me.

Price list:

Marley $5

Mommy & Daddy cory - as a pair $5

the 3 older baby cory's $1 ea or $2.75 or all 3
or $7 for all the above cory's

$2 for all of any other cory babies that pop up

2 baby platies, if possible I'd like to keep together, $1.75 for both or $1 ea

White Cloud $1
Neon $1

Cherry Barbs $2 for all 3

Harry & Sally - otos - sold together only - $5

Khulis - all 4 - $7

Momma Platy $1

Charlie $3
Fritz $3
Pearl $3
Cheeto $3

Leftover Mts (sure there are hundreds) $5 for all

'Proceeds' will go towards the outdoor goldfish (for now I think I can keep those...)

If they must be shipped, I don't have any heat packs and no place around here has them so you would (unless you know of another idea) have to oder however many are needed for the fish you want, and have them sent to me, then I could pack up the fish with them and send them. (I think Bob's has heat packs.)
You pay all shipping cost.
Priority, Flat, or Expediated
I would prefer pickup however.
30281, GA

In the extremely rare chance that my evil plotting pays off and I get to keep all or any of Cheeto, Pearl, Charlie, I would be interested in trading for a 20g long.

(There is probably no chance at all for me to keep any.... but I must keep hope alive ya know?)

And I"d still be interested in trading for a 20g long
also interested in a tank that is nearly the exact dimensions of the 20gLong but about
2 inches shorter in the long length area, if that exists (sp?).

Marley s close up  .JPG Marley s other close up  .JPG Charlie 1      -.JPG 2011_1019Misc0215.JPG 2011_1019Misc0222.JPG

FishDreamer48

AC Members
May 25, 2009
Kentucky
Good luck with the rehoming! Bump!

platytudes

AC Members
Nov 4, 2006
Panama City, FL
Real Name
Nicole
I hate to sound obvious, but have you tried calling your local fish stores to see if any will accept them? This is probably the route you are going to have to take, honestly. It's a very bad time for shipping, dead of winter. Even though you're in the south (I am even further south) the outdoor thermometer last night read 36 before I went to bed. Way too cold to ship without a heat pack.

Perhaps someone would be willing to take your fish for the cost of shipping, but you are selling your fish at retail prices, when the shipping is going to add a minimum of $5 to any order (even more if they would have to send you heat packs). A person willing to do a local pickup on such common fish is going to be tough to find, especially if you are selling the fish instead of giving them away.

I hate to discourage you, just being practical...I strongly suggest you call the local fish stores around you and see what they say. You're probably about 30 miles from Atlanta or so? There have to be quite a few LFS in your area.

Last edited:

LiveMermaid07

Jul 7, 2009
Lost & Confused
Real Name
Can't Remember...
I hate to sound obvious, but have you tried calling your local fish stores to see if any will accept them? This is probably the route you are going to have to take, honestly. It's a very bad time for shipping, dead of winter. Even though you're in the south (I am even further south) the outdoor thermometer last night read 36 before I went to bed. Way too cold to ship without a heat pack.

Perhaps someone would be willing to take your fish for the cost of shipping, but you are selling your fish at retail prices, when the shipping is going to add a minimum of $5 to any order (even more if they would have to send you heat packs). A person willing to do a local pickup on such common fish is going to be tough to find, especially if you are selling the fish instead of giving them away.

I hate to discourage you, just being practical...I strongly suggest you call the local fish stores around you and see what they say. You're probably about 30 miles from Atlanta or so? There have to be quite a few LFS in your area.
Unfortunately the only stores anywhere near me that even carry fish are 1 petsmart and 1 walmart, otherwise I might consider that.

I only put down prices to perhaps discourage anyone who isn't serious about taking care of them (got that idea from an avon rep - they charge $10 to sign up because some study showed people who paid to sign up were more serious than when it was free); however, since they have to pay for fish at the petstore and still don't always take care of them.... maybe I'm just hurting myself.
It's just so hard when I don't want to get rid of them, and I need to be certain they'll be ok with whoever they end up with ya know?
Thanks.

platytudes

AC Members
Nov 4, 2006
Panama City, FL
Real Name
Nicole
Unfortunately the only stores anywhere near me that even carry fish are 1 petsmart and 1 walmart, otherwise I might consider that.
If you are as dedicated as you sound, don't you think it would be worth it to drive for an hour to rehome your fish? If you don't drive, that's one thing, but making a trip into the city should not be impossible, and the greater Atlanta area is rich with fish clubs (judging from the backs of magazines) so I'm sure they have to have mom and pop stores, too. I would investigate this possibility, maybe even have a friend or relative drive you if you don't have a car, don't drive, don't feel comfortable driving on the highway, etc.

LiveMermaid07

Jul 7, 2009
Lost & Confused
Real Name
Can't Remember...
Note:
Prices are negotiable.
They are only stated to mainly, hopefully, discourange anyone who wouldn't be serious about taking good care of my babies.
Pm me about details, include which fish you are interested in please. Thanks.

Flying - black khulie, and a reflected clean up towel, lol.
Flying Khuli - 2 .JPG

The rare sitting black khulie.
Khuli - 1.JPG

Momma Cory in front, Daddy Cory in cave. + dirty glass, and reflected towel and flashlight. :)
Mommy & Daddy Cory - 1 .JPG

Oto (the female I think, Sally). Sorry for dirty speckled glass, I think I had spilled something shortly before taking these.
Oto - 1 .JPG

Cherry barb female and baby platy.
Cherry Barb & Platy baby - 2.JPG

Oto and Daddy? Cory
Oto-Cory - 2 .JPG

Baby platies. They are somewhat bigger now, but you can kinda see their coloring here.
Baby Platys - orange - 1.JPG

Oto, Daddy Cory (I think) and Neon
Oto-Cory-Neon - 1 .JPG

Baby Platys - orange - 1.JPG Oto-Cory-Neon - 1 .JPG Mommy & Daddy Cory - 1 .JPG Oto-Cory - 2 .JPG Oto - 1 .JPG Cherry Barb & Platy baby - 2.JPG Khuli - 1.JPG Flying Khuli - 2 .JPG

LiveMermaid07

Jul 7, 2009
Lost & Confused
Real Name
Can't Remember...
If you are as dedicated as you sound, don't you think it would be worth it to drive for an hour to rehome your fish? If you don't drive, that's one thing, but making a trip into the city should not be impossible, and the greater Atlanta area is rich with fish clubs (judging from the backs of magazines) so I'm sure they have to have mom and pop stores, too. I would investigate this possibility, maybe even have a friend or relative drive you if you don't have a car, don't drive, don't feel comfortable driving on the highway, etc.
If they end up back at a store, I won't know who is taking care of them once they are rebought. What if they are FED to something?!

Maybe I haven't been using the right search engine... I really haven't found any stores even listed... but I am hoping it won't come to that.

Maybe they are all near the GA aquarium, lol.
Hmmm, I wonder if they take fish...?
Though I met a guy once who worked at the aquarium while I was picking up some fish and he didn't know squat about taking care of fish or the different kinds.. just that they sure looked pretty! LOL Oy!

LiveMermaid07

Jul 7, 2009
Lost & Confused
Real Name
Can't Remember...
I just noticed some of the photos are missing. :/

Some of them are also in my photo album, and I shall go and try to get the rest in there now. Don't know why their coming up invalid... ??

homedog98

AC Members
Jul 19, 2011
Ga
mytankbuilds1.webs.com
Real Name
Lauren
where in georgia (city wise) are you located? i'm 30004 and if we can meet in the middle or something i can take the three cherry barbs for you. i'm sorry you have to do this. they would be going into a 29 gallon tank that is cycled and planted with 5 other friends. :) i'll keep you updated too if you want! i can take momma and daddy cory too if you'd like :) they'd be in the same tank as the barbs. *edit, and if you could do the neon for free i could take him as well. he'd be in a ten gallon with 6 glo-lite tetras. i'm sure he would fit right in.:)

Last edited:

dani_starr

AC Members
Aug 6, 2011
California
Real Name
Dani :)
I sent you a pm, try freecyle :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com