Fry loss

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ecoomer45

AC Members
Dec 28, 2009
Bell City, MO
My first known batch of kenyi fry was lost this morning, she spat them right in front of me. About 2in from the male. Ugh. They're still young, and I'm still new to breeding them. I know i need another tank, but would java moss work for a stopgap until another tank gets established?

GuppyGirl1230

Snails, Guppies and Corys, OH MY!!!
Jul 14, 2010
Westminster, Colorado
Real Name
Maribeth
Hello!

Sorry to hear that :-(
Yes, anything the fry can hide in will help stop loss until you get another tank set up. You can also get a breeder net which you can place the fry in until you get another tank.
Luck!!

Maribeth

Wren

AC Members
Mar 27, 2011
Iowa
Real Name
Lisa
I had luck with rubble piles of smaller rocks. Fry released in the main tank would be safe if they made it to the rubble piles where the adults couldn't reach them. I put them near the sides of the tank where I could watch them for fry. You won't save a lot that way, but some will usually make it.

efors

AC Members
Jun 17, 2008
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Sorry for the loss. Next time, you can take the female out after 15-20 days of fry holding and make her spit in a 10gal tank or strip her to release the fry in such a grow out tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store