yellow tang question

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

crabbyjack

AC Members
Feb 2, 2004
south florida
Visit site
I just recently added a tang to my tank and was wondering what other foods I could give it. Currently it is eating spirulina, and a vitamin enriched frozen algae food. I've been offering both but wonder if it is too much? I also like to give my fish a good variety of food and was wondering if there was anything else that would be better. Thanks

gcvt

Functional Aquaholic
Mar 15, 2001
SF, CA
www.motorworld.com
Tangs are grazers; they eat all day long, but won't over-eat. If you get some dried Nori (sushi wrap) at the grocery store and put it in a 'veggie clip' or rubberband it to a rock, your tang will appreciate it.

Last edited:

MonoSebaelover

Anableps
Apr 20, 2001
Phoenix, AZ
www.shiredalefarm.com
I have kept and am currently keeping several Tangs. The Tangs I currently have are a Sohal, Powder Blue, 2 Blue Hippos, Sailfin, and Desjardinii Sailfin. They all get frozen foods by Ocean Nutrition and their daily meal consists of some Formula One, Formula 2, Spiralina Formula, and some dried Sea Veggies by Julian Sprung and Ocean Nutrition brand. They have all stayed very healthy and eat lots. In addition to their daily feedings since there are other fish present they also get some Trigger Formula, Pygmy Angel, Angel, Special Form VHP, and occasionally some live brine. Tangs require a very diverse feeding schedule in order not to fall victim to HLLE (head and lateral line erosion) so just keep his diet varied and all should be fine.

Raki

AC Members
Jan 17, 2004
Philadelphia Pa
Visit site
I have a yellow and a sailfin They are both piggies and will eat just about anything I offer they also like fresh washed romaine the LFS I deal with feeds it to their tangs regularly it takes a bit for them to try it but they like it when they do .and since it's not minced and dried it gives them more of a "natural feel" when grazing

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store