L264 Sultan pleco

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

yayfish24

AC Members
Jan 6, 2012
Anyone on here keep these? Ive got 2 right now but they dont seem to like each other much. They dont hurt each other but they always seem to fight over the same hiding spot despite the fact that they have a few places to hide. Anyone wanna share pics and experiance with these guys?

smitty

AC Members
Jul 8, 2004
Yeadon, Pennsylvania USA
Real Name
Jeffrey Smith
Camera Used
Olympus FE-370; Sony HDR-CX580
I have 4 in my 200 gallon. They go at it all the time. I have had them for 2 years.

catfish crazy

AC Members
Nov 1, 2011
Iowa
I recently got a sultan pleco for my 60 gallon tank. I added a flash pleco soon after and he and the flash pleco fought over a hiding spot. The sultan pleco won the hiding spot but there was more than one so the flash pleco found another. i have heard that the sultan plecos are more active when you have more than one of them. Good luck :)

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
Yea alot of pleco's are territorial by nature and some do best alone. I have noticed though that if kept in larger numbers the fights are normally small and evenly dispersed. Only problem is pleco's are poop machines and doing this requires alot of filtration.

yayfish24

AC Members
Jan 6, 2012
I originally purchased the 2 with hopes of getting a few others to try breeding them but got distracted with setting up a 75 for other fish and just have the 2 for now. Id still love to get a few more if the price is right.

Smitty where is yeadon PA? Im down outside lancaster.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store