Thread: AZ Killi Expo!

Usergroup
    AC Members
    Last Activity
    01-05-2014 6:39 PM

AZ Killi Expo!

The 14th annual Southwest Area Killifish Event (SAKE) will be held on Saturday, March 10, 2012.

There will be a broad focus that should appeal to all types of aquarium hobbyists. SPEAKERS will be:
    - Jim Fong discussing the genus Nothobranchius (African annual killifish) and the title of his presentation is "Nothobranchius - Easy or Difficult?"
    - Greg Sage talking about the selective breeding of aquarium fishes.
    - Aaron Ambos presenting information and pictures of the wildlife of the Great Basin Desert, with a focus mainly on the isolated and rare fishes of the eastern Great Basin.

There is no registration fee to attend SAKE as the event is funded by a gigantic raffle, a silent auction, and a regular auction. To be successful, we rely upon both your contributions of aquarium fishes, aquatic plants, and live foods, as well as your participation in the raffle and auctions. Based upon previous years, we expect to have somewhere between 300-500 items in the auctions alone. In other words, there should be something for everyone!

Ramada Plaza Hotel Phoenix at Metro Center
    12027 North 28th Drive
    Cactus Road/I-17 Exit 209
    Phoenix, AZ 85029

REGISTER NOW:
    As mentioned earlier, there is no registration fee to attend SAKE. You can register at the door; however, we encourage you to "register" before the event. There may be some incentives offered at the event for those who register early. To register early, on or after January 4, 2012, please send an e-mail to azkillie@yahoo.com. The e-mail to register must include:
    1. Your name
    2. Current hometown
    3. Any current aquarium club affiliation(s)
    If you are registering a spouse, children, or a friend, please include the same information for each attendee. When your registration has been processed, you will see your name listed on the ARK website. To be eligible for possible incentives, early registration requests must be sent before 6 p.m. Arizona time on Friday, March 9, 2012.

For more information about 2012 SAKE, go to the website for the Arizona Rivulin Keepers at: http://www.aka.org/ark/. On the home page, select the link to the ARK Forum, and then go to "Meetings & Events," and then look for the topic "2012 Southwest Area Killifish Event."
    But if you tame me, then we shall need each other. To me, you will be unique in all the world. To you, I will be unique in all the world..... You become responsible, forever,
    for what you have tamed.
    ~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

BobsTropicalPlants.com Mgamer20o0's Avatar
    Usergroup
    Moderators
    M.A.N. Community Vendors
    how was the auction last year? i went 2 years ago and seemed a little disorganized. the silent auction wasn't too bad but the live auction i never thought would end.

Usergroup
    AC Members
    Last Activity
    01-05-2014 6:39 PM
    I honestly don't stay for the live auction (since I get there super early to set up) but it is a good money raiser for a free event. And lots of rare killis and cichlids were there last year. Some of the speakers donated some fish I've never seen before!Two years ago I believe the main issue was that the hotel had overbooked the room we had paid for, and we were not able to use the convention rooms and had to make do with the restaurant, hallways, and partial lobby.
    But if you tame me, then we shall need each other. To me, you will be unique in all the world. To you, I will be unique in all the world..... You become responsible, forever,
    for what you have tamed.
    ~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Thread Information