Angels Breeding

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

electricyellow

AC Members
Dec 13, 2002
Bellevue, NE
Please help, Angels Breeding

My brother and sisters decided to get me a present, they saw an ad for a breeding pair of angelfish for sale from a retiring breeder and bought them. I put them in a 45 gallon tank with gravel and some ornaments, intending to keep them for show but they obviously had other plans. I've had them for a little over 2 days and they've decided to spawn. I noticed them pecking at the large rock I have in the middle of the tank and put in a breeding slate. The male seems to disagree with the female on where she should lay the eggs. She first wanted them to go on the filter tube, he persuaded her to start cleaning the rock instead, now he's decided the slate is the more practical choice, but she seems fixed on the rock. Sometimes she'll move over to him and clean the slate too. Will they lay in both places? They're both showing their breeding tubes and I'm expecting them to lay eggs very soon. Probably sometime tomorrow. Are there any breeders out there that could help me? I would appreciate any information regarding the rearing of the fry, what to do when they hatch, how many will fit per gallon, how fast do they grow, etc. The breeder I got them from said that they've raised their own fry several times successfully, so I shouldn't have to remove the eggs, should I? Please contact me with any information. Reply to this forum as soon as is convenient. Thanks alot. -David

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store