Red Eyed Yellow Lab

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Cowgrl4life

AC Members
Dec 25, 2011
Fort Scott, KS
www.facebook.com
Real Name
Carissa
Are red eyed yellow labs some type of albino or do they just have red eyes? And are they sexed the same way as regular yellow labs with the black strip on the dorsal fin?

efors

AC Members
Jun 17, 2008
San Juan, Puerto Rico
The black margin on the dorsal fin is not an accurate way to sex labs; it can be a hit or miss type of situation. I have never seen red eyed yellow labs, any pics?

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
The only true way to check the sex of Labs is by venting them, there is a lot of info on the net out there on how to vent a fish.. They are albino i believe they are called red eyed labs i just seen some a month ago and that was my first experience.. So not sure what the genetics are with those..

Cowgrl4life

AC Members
Dec 25, 2011
Fort Scott, KS
www.facebook.com
Real Name
Carissa
Ok. I got one from the LFS I got the majority of my Cichlids for the tank I just set up. I'll get a picture of it and post it here in a bit.

Cowgrl4life

AC Members
Dec 25, 2011
Fort Scott, KS
www.facebook.com
Real Name
Carissa
I feel the need to mention how hard it is to get a picture that shows the red eyes ;)

RedEye.JPG

And yes, I'm fairly sure thats a Venustus in the background. Totally an accident getting it, and unless i find a bigger tank it probably wont stay around LOL

RedEye.JPG

efors

AC Members
Jun 17, 2008
San Juan, Puerto Rico
It looks as an albino morph of pure yellow labs. To tell the gender in an albino, seems to be even more difficult IMO.

Pittbull

Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
It looks more like a juiced albino, but not sure if its a hybrid or not..

efors

AC Members
Jun 17, 2008
San Juan, Puerto Rico
It looks like pure to me; just my opinion. About the black margin on the dorsal fin, I suppose you will not see it in an albino morph of yellow labs; no matter if it is a male or a female.

Pittbull

Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
It looks like a Lab just not sure how they are getting to be in the albino form they are def banana colored.. Yeah i agree if its a true albino i too would believe that the black barring would be void..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store