All fish are cured of ich, except one

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Contrabann

Registered Member
Jan 8, 2012
My 30 gal tank recently had a bout of ich, but for the last 6 days all my fish have clear ich except one. My female ram (the smallest fish in the tank) is still covered in the spots/scabs.

I'm still medicating the tank with Kordon Ich-Attack according to their directions as well running the tank at 84F (the highest my heater will go). I'm also dosing the tank with aquarium salt.

I was after some suggestions as to whether I should remove the ram from the tank and quarantine her, or just leave her be. She is acting slightly listless right now and is quite pale/washed out in appearance. I really don't want to lose her if I can help it but I also don't want her potentially crashing my tank either.

Any advise or tips would be really appreciated.

(just incase this is of any help these are all the fish in the tank: 2 turquoise rainbowfish, 2 rams, 1 leaf fish (actually a leopard cept-something), 1 bichir and 1 african knifefish)

Goodcreature

AC Members
Sep 9, 2011
If she's still not looking too good, I would probably place her in a quarantine tank, just to be safe.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store