Shrimp pH

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Death Pony

AC Members
Feb 7, 2009
Fredericksburg and Newport News, VA
I've tried keeping Neocridina shrimp twice with fish to no avail. This time they're getting their own tank. I have never been able to find solid info on what pH limits are appropriate for them, so I guess I'll ask now. The 3 gallon they'll be going into has a pH below 6 at the moment. I can adjust it with some calcerous rocks.

Arakkis

AC Members
Apr 7, 2008
SJ Cali
I'd say 6.4 to 6.8 would be ideal but I have also bred them at 8.2. Also the difference in pH can make acclimation harder so if you can raise it up. Also go low on the heat, they'll breed down into the low 60s.

ksterling

AC Members
Nov 7, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Real Name
Kristin
what are you using for substrate? if it's something that lowers the ph then you'll have a steady battle trying to raise it. if it's just non-perameter affecting gravel or sand then buffering can help, but is a bandaid. tufa or other mineral rocks can help sustain a ph. also crushed coral in your water flow if possible. ultimately r/o water with the minerals re-added would be better :p but more expensive

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store