URGENT! HELP! Fish Sickness?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

FallenAngel

AC Members
Sep 11, 2010
New Zealand
Real Name
Matt
Okay, so I'm panicking because I thought all was well in my tank - next minute, I notice that my male Molly is flipping himself around in the tank, and a few seconds later is not a lot more than dead. Then, I see one of my 3 spotted danios, doing the same thing. Except this time, he had a bit of a red belly. I don't think he will last long. I need to know what to do!

These are the best photos I could do:

Someone, please help! What is it? What should I do? I can't get to any LFS as it's too late and they will all be closed. What if this starts to wipe out all of my fish?! It is a planted, 35 gallon aquarium (freshwater) and has been fine for a long time, without sicknesses until now. What can I do?!

Current fish stock:
- 2 Female Mollies
- 2 Spotted Danios
- 3 Honey Dwarf Gouramis
- 10 Cories (bronze/albino)
- 2 Swordtails (m/f)
+ lots of molly/swordtail babies

Fatalities so far:
- 1 Male Molly
- 1 Spotted Danio (almost)

Arakkis

AC Members
Apr 7, 2008
SJ Cali
internal infection? bloat? hard to say, usually the death spiral is the sign of neurological problems usually but not always stemming from an internal infection. Often when you see it, it's already the end. They also look really fat.. like they've over eaten or possibly got so obese their livers cirrhosed.
Salt the tank, put some garlic extreme in thier food, if you have no plants or inverts.. methylene blue + Metronidozle. And break out the rosery.

FallenAngel

AC Members
Sep 11, 2010
New Zealand
Real Name
Matt
I've wanted to avoid using any strong medications and/or salt, as it is a heavily planted tank and the plants are just setting in. Maybe I shouldn't feed them for a couple of days?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store