Featherfin Upside down Cat

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

gatorcare

AC Members
Jan 14, 2012
ive had one fof about three months now and hes only grown an inch, is this normal? he eats a good portion of food daily..

maverickbr77

la-te-da
Jan 26, 2009
Lowville, NY
Real Name
Adam
sounds fine to me. What tank is he in? How big is he? Tank mates?
here is mine he is about 8 inches
Edit: try not to over feed these guys to much as they will get very obese if allowed to, but a nice round belly is ok ;).

Last edited:

gatorcare

AC Members
Jan 14, 2012
looks awesome, hes in a 150 with a few baby red tails and dats..

platytudes

AC Members
Nov 4, 2006
Panama City, FL
Real Name
Nicole
Does water quality check out ok? Do you do plenty of water changes, not just to keep nitrates in check but to flush out things like hormones and metabolic waste?

If you feel certain he is getting enough food (they are omnivores btw, so while mine absolutely *loves* Hikari sinking carnivore pellets, he also relishes a piece of cucumber or strip of nori) and that water quality is good, I wouldn't worry...even though it does seem like he should have grown a bit more by now, to me. Mine (I originally had two, that didn't work out forever though since they don't like one another usually) grew very fast, even went through a chubby phase like the pic above, but now that he (I think of him as a he, they are very hard to sex!) is about 8 years, old he's gotten trimmer.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store