DIY Clear spraybar for just $5

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

louxrs

AC Members
Jul 15, 2011
Needed a spraybar to get rid of the dead spots in my planted tank. I've seen alot made of white PVC pipe but I really didn't like the color of it. If not hidden well, it looks ugly. I went shopping for materials and here's what I ended up with- all for as little as $5

photo (10).JPG

The clear pipe is from Petsmart (this is 1/3 of the length) for $4.99. I think it's supposed to be for underground filters, so check the filter area for it.
photo (12).JPG

Suction caps also from Petsmart @$1.99 for the two. It's perfect because the black thing doesn't go around the whole pipe, making it look even better.
photo (14).JPG

A Poland Springs bottle cap fits the pipe perfectly- no need to glue it on. This allows for easier replacements (I have three of the clear pipes with different hole diameters). Just drill a hole through the cap like you did when you made your diy co2 bottle.
photo (13).jpg

And of course- the end cap, also a poland springs cap.
photo (11).JPG

photo (11).JPG photo (10).JPG photo (13).jpg photo (12).JPG photo (14).JPG

louxrs

AC Members
Jul 15, 2011
Yep. it's running in my tank right now. Connected into an Aquaclear powerhead w/ Co2 in the intake.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store