Betta won't eat pellets?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

loveclaywell

AC Members
Dec 1, 2011
Kentucky
Real Name
Victoria.(:
I've had my betta for about a week,and it's my first.He's a male veiltail.he won't eat his 'Tetra betta pellets'.But he loves 'Tetra betta flakes'and bloodworms. Should I worry?:huh:

vwill279

AC Members
Oct 7, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Real Name
Vanessa
Not really. Some bettas wont eat pellets or flakes and will only take frozen or live food. As long as he's eating something I wouldnt worry. Just make sure you dont let the uneaten pellets stay in the tank or they could foul the water and cause him to get sick.

loveclaywell

AC Members
Dec 1, 2011
Kentucky
Real Name
Victoria.(:
Also, how often should I do water changes?=)

vwill279

AC Members
Oct 7, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Real Name
Vanessa
Depends on how big your tank is and if you have a filter and live plants or not. If its a fish bowl with no filter and no plants, you should do a 30-50% change every other day at least. If you have a filter with live plants, I do 15-20% once or twice a week in my filtered 3 gallon that has a lot of live plants. If it is in a large tank, like 10 gal, by itself with live plants, you can probably get away with one or two 25% water changes a month.

Think of it this way. The fish is living in the same water where it potties, breathing it in, sucking it in its mouth to eat, etc. Clean water is the first step to a healthy and happy betta. Just put yourself in his shoes and give him a happy, healthy, clean environment. If you wouldnt want to stick your hand in that water, then its too dirty for a fish to live in.

loveclaywell

AC Members
Dec 1, 2011
Kentucky
Real Name
Victoria.(:
ok thanks,But i when i got up this morn. it had a hole in its tail?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store